Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Catch Him!

I'm a little late getting my post finished. This morning, I started  "greening" the house for St. Patrick's Day.




On one shelf in the entertainment center, I added a few green and Irish themed books...and a candle holder with Celtic designs on it.




On another shelf, are more green books.... and what in the world is that???...OMGosh!..it's a Leprechaun!!!  


Where on earth did he come from? I looked again and blinked...and he was gone! 
Well, that was a surprise...very strange.
I got back to changing things, and turned around...and...


...there he was, on the wall sconce! 


Oh, no... not again.  Maybe if I ignore him, he'll go away.


I've been trying to stay out of the kitchen this morning because we have some  guys working on our kitchen door, replacing the framing and weather stripping. 
Hmmmm, maybe they let the Leprechaun in.
I went upstairs to see if they were about finished, and when I asked them if they'd seen a little green man, they just gave me the strangest look...and said, "No, ma'am". 
Oh, well! I started back downstairs again, and there, on the breakfast table...




...was the Leprechaun,...ridding  the shabby rabbit




OH, NO!
Well, guess I'd better set a trap, and see if I can catch him.
If y'all know any good ways to catch a Leprechaun, please let me know. 


Thanks for indulging all my silliness. I'm going to see if I can get our almost 4-year-old grandson to look for...and try to catch...a Leprechaun, too.  I'm taking photos of the Leprechaun with things or places he'll recognize from our house. 




Here's the Leprechaun with our grandson's soccer ball that he plays with when he visits. I'll take some more photos every few days to send him. 
I don't know if it'll be fun for him...but it sure will be for me. :)
Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see what y'all are doing for St. Patrick's Day.
Hugs,
Babs



Here are some great parties to visit.


Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Table Top Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~Wow Us Wednesday

Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party

Friday
Common Ground ~ Vintage Inspiration
The Charm of Home ~Home Sweet Home
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday
2805 ~ Potpourri Friday
















22 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Your decorations are darling. I have never been one to do much for St. Pat's Day. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Karen said...

How fun! I think your "little green man" is the St.Patrick's Day version of Elf on a Shelf. Love it!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Olive said...

He moves way faster than me. I am like our friend Richard and do not decorate for this holiday. I do for Easter though-love rabbits and spiritual decor.

Priscilla said...

Richard and I are alike. I've never been particularly interest in Irish things other than Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea!

Your things are so cute, though.

Sue said...

Cute! You mean we are supposed to decorate for St. Pat's?? I think I'm going to skip right into Easter!

Kelly said...

Your grandson will enjoy that! I know my son (who is in elementary school) usually gets surprised with a Leprechan on the loose messing up their classrooms while they're gone. They come back in to find it a mess and they have to find him. So cute!

Blondie's Journal said...

He is a darling, if a little sneaky!! I really have nothing for St. Paddy's Day but for some shamrocks I put in the window! I get lazy after Christmas!!

Have a great week, Babs!

XO,
Jane

Deserae said...

Your little Leprechan is so cute.... and my how he get's around!!!! LOL
~Des

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Babs, this is such a cute post! Your St. Patrick's decor looks lovely!

Sarah said...

What a cute post and fun idea for your grandson, Barb. Haven't pulled any green out here as yet. Need to get started thinking about it. ;-)

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
Oh, dear friend, this is just darling! Your grandson will be delighted...as was I!
Fondly,
Pat

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a fun post. Your grandson will have fun finding the Leprechan.

Unknown said...

Love your decor!!! I think you've got wonderful pieces going and green is always such a fun colour! :)

Hugs,

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

A new header AND a magical leprechaun, what a fun post!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

My that little cutie is everywhere...!...Love St.Patrick's Day as my dad was Irish and my little suite was born on St. Patrick's Day...

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post Babs. I just put away the Nordic snow theme on our front porch and it looks so bare. March 1 I will put an Easter bunny out there to start the new season. :) We have had the same thing done to our back door. When they started redoing the framing they found rotten boards under the sill so new decking boards had to be replaced. I just saw dollar signs adding up in my mind. I did the painting to save some money. Have a wonderful Wednesday. xo

Alycia Nichols said...

You are so funny!!! I love him riding the shappy rabbit! Yes, you're greening up the house, and your header is pretty cool, too! GORGEOUS Bells of Ireland arrangement!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

You are so fun! I wish that I had thought to do that when my kids were growing up. They would have had so much fun with it, especially my younger daughter.

Hmm... she's coming home for spring break next week. Wonder if there's any fun left in Miss Coed?

Sue said...

Hi Babs....I was about to say that you have waaaaaay too much time on your hands but then I read you did it for your grandson....and who can resist the charms of a 4 year old....your little green guy is adorable :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That's a cute idea for your grandson!
Kind of a Where's Waldo thing!

Savannah Granny said...

Babs, Love the new header!
I have heard you can lure them into a trap with Irish Whiskey.
If you don't get rid of him he will be riding that rabbit all the way to Easter.

Hugs,

Honey at 2805 said...

This is precious, Babs! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! I always appreciate your participation!