Monday, March 5, 2012

Forsythia in the Foyer


I usually force Forsythia branches about this time of year, but with the warm temps, it's been blooming for a couple of weeks now.  
It's been a while since I've had flowers here, and I really missed them.




I shopped the house and found a couple of books about Ireland to put under the pitcher, and I needed a riser for the candle stick because it was shorter than I liked...don't laugh! 
It a cachepot turned upside down. 
Well, you know how it is. I got it into my head that I wanted to use that candle stick, and, not any of the other  8 or 10 that I have. 
Well, go ahead and laugh. It does look kinda funny, but I couldn't find anything else to make the candle stick higher...and it's green. So, it'll have to do for now.




The transferware plate has a scene with the Blarney Castle on it. Oh, and there is a bird's nest with a green egg, which you can't see very well here.




Here's close up so you can see the detail. The pattern is Johnson Brothers, Old Britain Castles.




Here's a view looking down from the stairs. Gosh, those Forsythia branches really look big from here.  
You can see I still have my sea grass rug down. I figured, since we haven't had much of a winter, no body would notice...Shhhh, don't tell anybody.


I haven't see the Leprechaun lately. He's probably up to some mischief, and I won't find out about it till later. Hmmmm. Or maybe he's gone. Ya think?


I'll be at these parties



Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Table Top Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~Nifty Thrifty Tuesday




23 comments:

Sarah said...

Babs, love the Forsythia! I need to plant one here. We had it at our previous home, and I always loved these yellow blooms. They are perfect for bringing inside. I don't think I have any books on Ireland. Guess I should remedy that. Half Price Books may get a visit this week.
Your entry looks great! ~ Sarah
PS
I won't tell about the sea grass if you won't tell we never switched out our summer rug in the living room for the large winter one.

Jojo said...

Doesn't forsythia make you happy? Such a cheerful display!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love this vignette. The candlestick sitting on top of the green pot is perfect.

Anita Diaz said...

Babs, I love forsythia!! I brought some in last week which is now blooming nicely. Mine are offshoots of my great grandmother's plants and I really enjoy the connection. Yours looks beautiful, there in your wonderful entry, and of course I love your Old Britain Castles plate! I would love to have some of the multichrome transferware like that!

Deserae said...

Your Forsythia branches are so beautiful and are the perfect touch of spring for your vignette! Very pretty :o)
~Des

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Babs I love everything about this vignette and I LOVE forsythia!!

Lynn said...

The forsythia is beautiful! I have a big bush but it doesn't bloom-enjoy yours:@)

Maria Elena said...

It looks so pretty and ready for Spring! Very, very pretty!

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks beautiful, Babs! I love bringing Forsythia indoors...mine has awhile yet before it blooms, but I love how long it lasts once it does. I love your candle and the plate is wonderful! Looks like you are all ready for St. Paddy's Day!

XO,
Jane

Debbie said...

It looks wonderful. We have it blooming here too, and I am planning to bring some in.

I really do love the way you incorporated the Irish themed things on this table. It's such a classy way to do the holiday.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love the forsythia. It must not be hardy up north because I've never seen it around. (but I'm going to check into it). I also love brown transferware the more I see it. I have enough blue and white, maybe brown can be my new color! Great post, Babs!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore the forsythia! It reminds me of when I lived in Georgia.

I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

Kelly said...

I really love how you styled the top of that chest. It couldn't look any prettier! I actually like the green pot under the candlestick. It adds the right height and the pop of green you need. I wouldn't change a thing! Love your fresh forsythia too.

Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful! Oh, how I miss my forsythia bush!!! I may have to sneak back over to my old house and just "borrow" a few branches! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your forsythia is gorgeous Babs! Love this vignette!

Barb said...

Hi Babs, what a pretty vignette....everything looks so spring-like and gorgeous.

Barb ♥

Marigene said...

What a lovely vignette...I haven't seen any of the area forsythias in bloom, yet...when I do, I will know spring is here!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely vignette The forsythia is gorgeous. I always think it just screams spring. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Richard Cottrell said...

One of my favorite spring flowers.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I think we are all loving the Forsythia, I was just thinking about Forsythia today and using some on a tablescape. Only problem, I don't have any blooming in my area yet. Guess I'll have to wait a bit to have some fresh. You vignette is just perfect. I do like your plate and your upside down pot - good job.

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi Babs, I have forcythia in the foyer as well but mine is silk! :( Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can pick the real thing. We had a warm day today.

I was looking at your brown transferware picture then looked sitting on my desk...I had the same plate staring back at me and didn't realize what the castle was called!

Donna

Savannah Granny said...

Babs, The forsythia is so pretty. Mine was early as well.
Love your foyer, It always looks great. Blessings, Ginger

LindyLouMac said...

A beautiful sign of spring.