Monday, March 12, 2012

Shamrock Surprise

Last week, I received the sweetest surprise from Sarah at Hyacinths for the Soul
I was so thrilled, because she sent me a package O'goodies for a St. Patrick's Day vignette.


Let me show you what she sent...




First, a lovely note card showing St. Patrick and shamrocks...






...second, a box of Irish shortbread cookies shaped like shamrocks, and tied with a green ribbon...




...and third, a pair of socks with shamrocks...perfect for dancing an Irish jig. I don't know how to dance an Irish jig, but if I did, these are the socks I'd wear.


Now let me show you the vignette I made with these fun gifts...well, not the socks. I'm wearing them...




Here's how I started...
...a green ticking table cloth... 





... a vintage tray I recently found at the antique mall...




...a mother sheep and her lamb, I found on ebay.
They're wearing their shamrock collars, especially for the occasion...




...shamrock shortbread cookies which, btw,  are delicious...yes, I already ate one...or two..
...and the green ribbon from the box, used as a "napkin ring".






The doily, with the claddagh, was a gift from our son and dil several years ago. 
The claddagh represents love (the heart), friendship (the hands) and loyalty (the crown).


Since I never got around to making a trap to catch that Leprechaun, I put some "gold coins" in my glass bowl from Ireland...and wouldn't you know it...




...the little rascal magically appeared to wish all of you... 




...and from us, too...




                     Happy St. Patrick's Day!


                            For each petal on the shamrock
                            This brings a wish your way -
                            Good health, good luck, and happiness
                            For today and every day.
                                ~Author Unknown



We're all on our way to Cuisine Kathleen for her 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl on March 13th. 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday..
 See you there.

                                                                  ~ Babs












 





13 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How sweet, and what a great friend. I have never seen shamrock shortbread cookies!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Babs, what a sweet gift and I love your vignette.

sums_36 said...

Those socks got those this Irish woman's attention. I'd do a jig in them too - love, love, love them! I always enjoy reading your blog. Susie

Rettabug said...

Awwww, I ♥♥♥ your sweet little lambs, Babs! Isn't Sarah just the sweetest blogger? I ♥♥♥ her, too.

Your vignette is lovely & if you don't mind, I'd like to pin it to my St. Patrick's Day Pinterest board. I always ask permission first.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Early,
Rett

Marigene said...

Love the little lambs in your festive vignette. The shortbread looks delish!

Lynn said...

A yummy gift indeed! Love your vignette:@)

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Babs, It looks like you have the luck of the Irish getting this wonderful little package from Sarah! I think those socks could do the jig for you! A very pretty little table! Linda

Kathleen said...

What a perfect vignette! Those lambs are adorable and I love the doily too.
What a sweet gift from Sarah!
Thanks so much for this lovely entry to the blog crawl, so glad you joined inM
Happy SPD!

Micupoftea said...

shortbread, claddaghs and plaid! Fun~ Happy SPD!

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

What a sweet vignette! The lambs are adorable and the green ticking tablecloth is just perfect. I've had Christmas shortbread before, but this is the first time I've seen the shamrocks. I have to confess that I'm a wee bit addicted to those buttery little buggers. ;~)

Stopping by from Kathleen's party and now following your lovely blog! Have a grand St. Pat's Day!

Priscilla said...

So sweet. Love those socks!

Sarah said...

Babs, your vignette is charming. Your new little lambs are precious. Happy St. Paddy's day, sweet friend.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Love it, Babs! You know how to tell a good story both with pictures and with words. Happy st. Patrick's day to you!