Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter

Today's Good Friday, Easter is almost here, and I've been trying to think of a new post to share with you. But, the one I did last year really says what Easter means to me.
So, I hope you don't mind if I share that post again.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 

Without the Cross

Last week I was shopping in a local decorating outlet, checking out their new Spring accessories. 
For several weeks, I've been looking for a cross to display, but hadn't seen one that was just the right size and style.






Then, I saw this one. It was perfect, just what I'd been looking for; so I picked it up and went to check out with the sales associate.


We chatted for a couple of minutes, and I told her I was so happy to find the cross because, I wanted to display it for Easter. 






She smiled and said that she really liked the significance of the cross, because, "Without the cross, there'd be no Easter." 

Her words rang so true and put things back into perspective for me. Yes, it's fun decorating with bunnies and baskets for Easter, but...if Christ hadn't died on the cross, we'd have no Easter to celebrate.


Wishing you all a joyous Easter. 
Hugs, 
Babs


14 comments:

Sarah said...

Babs, glad you shared this again. It's beautiful and keeps the real meaning of Easter front and center. Your cross is lovely. '-)
Enjoy your weekend...........Sarah

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a beautiful post, Babs. Happy Easter to you and your family!

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
I never grow tired of The Cross!!!
For the Cross made a difference for me!!! Dear friend...you could post this every year as a gentle reminder to us all!!!
Have a blessed and glorious Easter!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs! Amen! Only for the Cross! Aren't we glad Jesus gave His life for us! I'm so amazed, grateful and thankful for His sacrifice! God bless you and have a blessed Easter.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Great piece, I very much enjoyed it.
I have a small collection of crosses that I display year-round and I feel like they keep me grounded especially when things get stressful.
Have a wonderful Easter.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Easter Babs!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Glad you shared it again because I missed it last year. It looks so lovely with the lilacs.
Happy Easter!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Such a true post! Happy Easter to you and your family!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

How true! Happy Easter to you!

Blondie's Journal said...

I did not see this last year. It's so to the point, Babs. I hope everyone takes a moment on Sunday to remember the reason we are celebrating!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Happy Easter dearie! Such a heartwarming post! :)

Hugs,

Mary said...

Babs, I missed this post before so I'm glad you shared it again! Your cross and tray vignette is beautiful & meaningful! Happy Easter!

Alycia Nichols said...

True dat! :-) I read another blogger's perspective on that earlier this week, Babs. She was pondering the celebration of Easter in secular and religious ways and wondering how, if at all, they might meet in the middle or if one supersedes the other. It was interesting to read everyone's comments on her blog, as it has been here. As a person of Christian faith who believes VERY strongly, it always warms my heart when we talk about this. We're Catholic, so a crucifix is displayed in our home year-round to remind us of how Christ died so as to save us from our sins. We keep crosses throughout the house as well. These constant reminders help us in our faith. The cross you bought is absolutely beautiful. (I've not seen white iron like that!!! Makes me want to break out the spray paint can!) Your sweet vignette is the perfect balance of religious and secular celebration. Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your photos are really lovely but your message even better! Sending wishes for a very happy Easter :)