Sunday, April 7, 2013

Birthday Surprise

Hi everyone! 
It's been a busy week here, and I'm sorry I haven't posted or visited y'all much. 
We're so thankful that we finally sold my mom's place, and to top it off ... today is my birthday!

Hubby bought me flowers, and we went to breakfast at one of my favorite "mom and pop" restaurants. 
I had the usual Southern breakfast ... eggs, sausage, grits and biscuits. Sorry, no photos ... I was too busy stuffing my face.

Then, in the afternoon, my aunt and cousin arrived with bags of goodies to set up for a little surprise party.
I was really surprised, because I was in my grubby yard clothes. So, I ran to change before the rest of the cousins and neighbors arrived.

Hubby also got me a cake that was shaped like a bouquet of roses.

It was made with cup cakes ... Yum! 
We also had pimento cheese and spinach dip with crackers, two kinds of ice cream ...

... and a fresh fruit bowl.

I got lots of cards and hugs ... it was the best birthday ever!

Hope y'all have a great week. I'll be by to visit everyone soon.
Hugs,
Babs




12 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What fun! Love the birthday cupcakes! Happy happy birthday, Babs! :-) Hugs...Debbie

Deb said...

That is the cutest cake ever. "Happy Birthday."

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Happy Birthday, Babs. What a cute cake!

Unknown said...

OMG that is soooo cute!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love the cake and so much love you got dearie!

Hugs,

Donna said...

Well, you had a wonderful day. I think the husband did pretty good with those flowers and that adorable cake.
D

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Babs, Happy Birthday for yesterday.....what beautiful flowers and such a fabulous birthday cake.
I am sorry I have not been around to comment for a while but I have been away in India....I am now back home catching up with my favourite blogs. I am glad to see you are keeping well.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Suzan said...

What a lovely cup cake cake!! Have never seen one quite as pretty!! Bet it was good too! Happy birthday!

Alycia Nichols said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Babs!!!! I've never seen a cake shaped by using cupcakes. That's pretty cool!!!! I'm so glad you had a good birthday shared with some of your favorite people!!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
A little minuet just to help celebrate YOU!!!
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday we love you!
Happy Bithday and may all your dreams come true.
When you blow out the candles, One light stays aglow.
It's the love light in your eyes, we love you so!!!
The cup cake cake is gorgeous!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Happy Birthday Babs. Love love love the bouquet of cupcake roses.

Savannah Granny said...

And here I was being all excited about a bag of Krystals. I am going to show this post to my Bob.

Happy Birthday Festival, cuz you get a week. Besides that lets me off the hook for being so lax.

That care is the cutest cake I have ever seen. What a clever idea. Your family was so sweet to plan a surprise.I was so glad to here that they had some pimento cheese on hand.

Happy Birthday dear friend.
xoGinger

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I thought I left a Happy Birthday wish but I guess I didn't ! Love that cake- that's the coolest!
Happy belated Birthday wishes Babs