Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Rerun ~True Confessions

Gosh it's chilly today, and I'm in the mood for one of my favorite dishes...Ramen noodles!
I did this post in 2011, and thought I'd show it to you again...just in case you're a Ramen noodle person, too...or missed this post the first time around.  Enjoy!

                                               ************

True Confessions ~ Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ok, I admit it!! 
I don't always dine at the table with chargers and monogrammed napkins.
Sometimes, I eat at the coffee table in front of the tv.



We interrupt this post with a word from the camera person:
Please excuse the quality of these photos as the light was very bright in the family room and they all seem to be a bit overexposed. I'm still getting used to my new camera.  The first photo is the actual color of the couch, etc.

And now, back to "True Confessions":

Also, I must confess that I love Ramen noodles... yes, I know, but they are so easy to make and sometimes when I've had a busy day... or for no reason at all... I make them, and pretend I ordered "take out".


To add a little extra nutrition,  I add fresh or frozen stir-fry veggies, or sometimes I'll add a bit of cooked meat. 

In this photo, I also added baby bok choy that I got at the Asian market.


 Here you see frozen egg rolls that I cooked in the oven and served in a take out carton.




To make everything easier to serve, I use the bamboo trays I've had for years. 
The little white dipping bowls and the chop sticks are from World Market, and the red flower shaped dishes that hold the chop sticks are from Goodwill.
The napkins are from Pier 1 Imports last year.



There, I feel much better now that you know my little "secret". 
Stop by again for another "true confession".

Hope y'all enjoyed my Saturday Rerun. Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Babs

13 comments:

Jojo said...

That is so awesome! Now I'm inspired to do the same. Back during my single days Ramen Noodles were a staple...this is going ot be fun!!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I grew up eating great homemade ramen, udon, and soba noodles...my mom is a great cook...I do not cook them..I just enjoy hers..!!...the ramen meal looks wonderful!...love the take-out box for the egg rolls!...

Unknown said...

If my hubby would eat them, I would so do this!! He's strictly, down-home southern cooking! :( Looks great!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it, what a fabulous menu, looks good. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

Noodle bowls are a favorite for "the chef". This looks good, Babs. We eat on trays much of the time. Ha!
Cooler here today, but not exactly chilly. Enjoy your weekend..........Sarah

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your food looks so inviting and I love your setting...just great! Love it Babs, I adore Chinese. Your potos are looking good, I am getting used to my new camera too.
Have a lovely Sunday.
FABBY

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Now that's my kind of dining Babs! Now pass one of those yummy looking egg rolls over please:)

Diane said...

Such a cute setting! I have to confess that I have never eaten Ramen noodles!! My grandchildren love them, but I am not a big fan of noodles at all. However, I might take a bite of that wonderful egg roll - lol!!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

This is more fun than eating at the table any day!

Kelly said...

Gosh, even while eating in front of the tv, you eat in style! I never thought to add vegetables and meat to ramen noodles. That really makes the soup more nutritious and attractive to eat. I love egg rolls. I haven't had Chinese food in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs! Oh, this looks very good and we do the same thing about eating...we eat in our recliners in front of the TV! :) Your little trays look darling with your noodles! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Savannah Granny said...

That is an adorable setting. I love making it real. Your noodles look so good. You can make a simple meal look great.
Thanks for confessing, Ginger

Cottage and Broome said...

I have to confess I have never had Ramen noodles. But it looks like something I'd really like, I know it is a staple for busy college kids. Thanks for sharing it is on my list of things to try, Laura