Sunday, March 2, 2014

Peeps in a Pot

 I was shopping...you know...wandering through the store, when I saw pots of Candytuft. It was freezing cold outside, but I had to get one for the garden.

It was a little early to put it outdoors, so I wrapped the plastic pot in burlap, tied it with twine, and sat it on a cabbage plate on the kitchen island.

Of course, while I was at the store, I checked out the seasonal aisle, and saw bunny Peeps! Too cute. 

 I put the bunny Peeps on wooden skewers, and popped them in the pot of Candytuft.

Bag of White Chocolate Carrot Cake M&M's

Look what else "fell" into my shopping cart...White Chocolate Carrot Cake M&Ms!  Oh, mercy! They're sooo good.


Yum...try some. :)


I'll just leave them on the kitchen island...


...for a little while. :)  Crunch, crunch.  
The bunnies don't have to worry... they're safe...as long as the M&Ms hold out. 

Thinking Spring!  
xo Babs


Let's Party 

     The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
     Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove and A La Carte ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog

24 comments:

Deb said...

Love this. I think this is what I need to do; just start getting ready for Spring. Planting some seeds and putting a few bunnies here and there should do it. It is so cold here (-16C) and we are all worn out. Deb

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, dear...now I feel a trip to the grocery store coming on...especially for those M&Ms! Cute way to display the Peeps!...hugs...Debbie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! I hope you got some 'extras' to replace the ones that get away! heehee! Sweet hugs!

Blondie's Journal said...

I never realized they made peeps so large! I love how you have them in the pots. Can I steal?? :)

XO,
Jane

Sylvia said...

So cute, hope I can find those m&m's at a store near me, they so good.

Unknown said...

What a charming post! Enjoyed reading it so much. The only thing that was unfamiliar to me was the flower....candy tufts? Never heard of those, but will be on the lookout. And the MM's.....will definitely be on the lookout for that flavor! Vicki in Louisville KY

Babs said...

Sorry y'all,
I spelled the name of the plant wrong. It should be Candytuft, not Candy Tuft.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That's not fair- I'm hungry and those candies look too good! The candytuft looks so cute with the Peeps bunnies!
I've never grown it myself but should. It's a nice mounding plant right?

Miss Jane said...

Too cute!! Thanks for the cheery spring post.

Kelly said...

Those peeps are cute used as a decoration like that. I have not seen those m&m's before. I like white chocolate, but not so sure about the carrot cake flavor. Hmmmm....... They sure look pretty in the bowl though.

Debbie said...

I am needing some spring-spiration these days, and I just knew that the good *peeps* in blog land would be the ones to give it to me! So glad I took a few minutes to get caught up tonight. I love this. It's happy and adorable.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

So cute, I just bought some peeps this week too but didn't see any white rabbits. Yours are looking perfect in the pots with the cabbage plate beneath the pots. I'm going to Target and check for white rabbits.

Alycia Nichols said...

This is ultra darling!!! If you can't wait around for Spring to come, bring Spring on 'round to you! The addition of those little Peeps is just too, too cute!

Wow...M&M is starting to really branch out on their flavors! I have a feeling those candies won't be just sitting on the counter for very long! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a darling little display...love how you added the peeps! Now those M&M's look so yummy. Thanks for sharing at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY.

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Babs, Very spring! Love those peeps... and a very cute idea.

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh I hope I can find those m&ms, I am a sucker for carrot cake and white chocolate. I love your plant with the peeps. Beautiful.

The Tablescaper said...

Love how you've brought spring inside!

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Denise said...

This is too cute, Babs -- I love it all!! Peeps were my favorite thing to get in my Easter basket when I was growing up. :-D They look so cute in your basket of Candy Tuft. My grandmother used to have that growing in her yard; I always think of her when I see it. The colors of the M&M's are so pretty -- perfect for welcoming spring! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day.

Denise at Forest Manor

Helen's Decor said...

Babs, great Spring ideas; especially the M & M's! Love the bunnies, too. I think we are all ready for Spring!!

Thanks,
Helen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is so cute, I love this idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Jaybird said...

Tooooo cute!! I will have to check out the M&M aisle. I have a carrot cake eating son who has a birthday coming up!! Thanks for the hint!
Blessings,
J

Sarah said...

Adorable! I need to look for candy tuff. Love the blooms!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! How cute! Great little arrangement, and thanks for the tip about those M&Ms, I'll have to look for those. Love your cabbage plate & bowl. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So pretty and the Bunny Peeps are just too cute. I love carrot cake so I may just have to try these M&M's!! Thanks for linking to TTF this week.
hugs,
Linda