Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring on the Kitchen Hutch

Did you guess what else I found at the thrift store? 

A little wheelbarrow, for only $3! 

So, I decided, since it was probably still a little too cool to plant the rest of the Pinks in the garden, I'd load them in the wheelbarrow on the kitchen hutch.

I added chicks...

 
... and little clay flower pots from the Dollar Tree...three for a dollar.

A couple of the pots got faux boxwood balls...

...and one got a bunch of carrots.

Pink and green plates...

...pink mugs...

...and a mix of real and faux flowers...

...make it feel like Spring. 
Maybe, if the weather is nice this week, I'll plant the Pinks in the garden. 

xo Babs


      Let's Party 
    
The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
     Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
One More Time Events ~ Share It One More Time
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
Posed Perfection ~ All Things Thursday Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove and A La Carte ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday



21 comments:

Jojo said...

Love an indoor spring celebration! So pretty and cheerful.

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful photos! Really makes me ready for Spring in full bloom.

Judy

Debbiedoos said...

Looks like you are ready for Spring. Love your finds. THe seed packets are cute for decor too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is so pretty! It makes me want to hurry home and plant some flowers!
hugs, Linda

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love the vignette you created. The wheel barrow looks adorable. I just dug mine out and was dreaming on ideas for it. Love the green plates, pink cups and clay pots. Super cute!

Kelly said...

No I didn't guess that was a wheelbarrow. It's so cute! It looks great as part of your Spring décor. I think tomorrow is going to be nicer so maybe you can plant tomorrow.

Candy S said...

You had me at yellow chicks. The green cabbage plates and the pink plates are lovely arranged with the wheelbarrow full of flowers on those sweet plaid placemats. I hope it warms up so you can get your pinks planted this week.

Marigene said...

Spring is in the air everywhere! Your hutch looks so spring-y. I think we were on the same wave length this week with the pink and green combo!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so pretty, Babs! Colorful without screaming color! ;)

I really love the pink/red dishes with the green. Very springlike! So many details...love the seed packs, too!

XO,
Jane

Sarah said...

Babs, your spring in the kitchen hutch is perfectly charming. Love the way you used the cabbage leaf plates as your backdrop and added in the pink. The wheelbarrow is a great holding pattern for the pinks. It's obvious you had fun putting this together. Great job!

sweet violets said...

Now, this speaks Spring to me!!! Love the colors and the plaid mats, the chicks are so cute too!!

Diane said...

Everything is wonderful, Babs. The wheelbarrow is adorable, but I really loved what you did with the clay pot that it lying on its side. That stole my heart!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs! Oh, your spring is just so sweet! I love the green and pink. Those little pink mugs are adorable.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful display...that wheelbarrow is superb!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your cute thrift store find and from that great find you certainly creative a most wonderful Spring vignette!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your cute thrift store find and from that great find you certainly creative a most wonderful Spring vignette!

Lady of the Manor said...

You know how to put it all together, Babs! Lovely, just right for spring!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey, Babs! I'm really crushin' on those baby boxwood balls! I've never seen them that small. They would be great all around...just like you have them!

Glad to see you're able to bring a little Spring indoors since apparently it is NEVER going to come outdoors!!! :-)

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

I love how you paired up the cabbage leaf plates with the pink plates, the combination of the textures in the plates look great together! I think I am drawn in these days more by interesting texture and shape than by color, although your hutch vignette has all three, so it is a hit in my eyes!!

Alison said...

I envy you that pretty china. I've always loved the plates that resemble green cabbage leaves. Spring is all go here in England!

Ali x

The Tablescaper said...

Great textures!

So wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you join this weekend as well!

- Alma, The Tablescaper