Thursday, June 12, 2014

Outdoor Baker's Rack ~ Three Ways

Hey, Y'all!
Here it is the middle of June, and my baker's rack on the deck is a hot mess. 
It's become a catch-all for empty pots and garden things I've left there, because I was too lazy to take them to the shed. Pitiful! 
And, no, I'm not going to show you a pic of it.

We've been having rain storms almost every day, so, I've been trying to think of something "weather resistant" to spruce it up.
I looked back at some of my old posts to, hopefully, get some ideas. I really had forgotten doing these...senior  moments. :)


Here's one is from a post last year. Click HERE to see that post.


And, this one is from May 2011. Click HERE


This one was a week later in May of the same year! Gosh, I was on a roll. Click HERE

After lunch today, I went to Home Goods to see if I could find something...or for some inspiration, but no luck. 
Maybe I'll just fill it with plants, like I did in the middle picture.  
At least they'll like the rain.

I hope y'all have a great weekend. I'm headed to the garden center.
xo Babs


Fun Parties to Visit:
    
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
           
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday



17 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your bakers rack Babs!...You have inspired me to spiff up mine on my porch!...Love the baskets on the rack!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Babs, I have been much slower this year than usual also. My side sitting area just got cleaned up a week ago. Usually I am all through cleaning up by Mothers Day. Love your rack all three ways, but my fav is the plant coming out of the picnic hamper in the bottom photo. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Anonymous said...

I'm especially in love with photo 3. That picnic hamper is to die for!! So are your basil and rosemary plants.

Bakers' racks are so beautiful. I've always wished I had one. Maybe one of these days.

Have a wonderful weekend,
patti

Sylvia said...

Now I have to get mine cleaned up and pretty like yours. I have been using it for storage.(catch all).thanks for inspiriting me.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Looks like a fun project- I'll be right over!
Have a great weekend!
XO Liz

Denise said...

Oh goodness Babs, I love this baker's rack!! Your picnic hamper is just gorgeous! I think all three pictures are lovely, and I'm sure you'll come up with something just as pretty this year. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a nice versatile piece. It looks amazing no matter how you dress it. Lovely!
Hugs,
Patti

Kelly said...

It's nice that you have a piece like that to decorate outside. I think a mix of plants and garden statuary would look good and be safe outside.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Babs that last shot is my favorite...so pretty!!

Sarah said...

Babs, I agree that the last photo is my favorite. Love the basket filled with flowers and the other woven pieces mixed in. Have fun creating this summer's vignette.

Alycia Nichols said...

So it's NOT just me having trouble finding inspiration for the wrought iron baker's rack this year? I am sorry you're having the same troubles, but glad to have a partner in this. I fixed it up really nice for a post, but then completely disassembled it because of the weather here. We've had so many storms and so much doggone rain...there was no way I could keep anything on the shelves! Now that it's quieting down a bit (I hope!), maybe I can find some inspiration on Pinterest to get something semi-permanent going out there. Actually, I'm going to start with your last photo for that inspiration! I think that's onto something that I'd like to do!!!

Maria Elena said...

Babs, all three ways are beautiful. Love the baker's rack! Thank you so much for sharing at Tuesdays at Our Home. Hugs, Maria

Debbie said...

If I can ever find the piece that I want for my kitchen (where my baker's rack currently lives), want to move mine outside. In my head, it will look just as lovely as yours does!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Babs, featuring you at SYC today.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

That's funny Babs I look back and wonder how I did all the stuff I used to blog about. I had so few children then, now my nieces and nephew come over and it limits the blog time greatly! Pretty looks on your deck!
Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love it! Great addition to your outdoor space. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Love these ideas. I have a baker's rack almost just like this one, and I have wondered what to do with it. I just have few plants right now. Tomorrow I will go take a critical look and get busy. You are inspiring. Thx.