Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blue and White Outdoor Baker's Rack

Hi, Y'all! 
Hope your weekend was good. We had a nice 4th, the weather was great, and I spent a little time Saturday, working on the baker's rack on the deck. 
I've found, that if I don't keep it decorated, it ends up being a catch-all for things I'm too lazy to take to the shed.

 I've been in blue and white mode for the last few posts. 
Love it for Summer.

I had some leftover blue paint from painting the watering can, so I used it on an old metal tub I got a couple of years ago. 
It was rusting so badly on the inside that I almost threw it out. Hopefully, the paint will make it last through Summer.

Here's how I pulled everything together:

On the top shelf, I filled a white ceramic bowl with white starfish, sand dollars and sea biscuits, then topped it with an abalone shell.

Little blue and white votive holders and blue shells sit on coasters.

On the second shelf, a white melamine tray holds blue bottles, more starfish, a clam shell, cork coasters and a couple of plants.

I painted the little pot with the sedum...first, white, and then with a dab of the same blue paint I used on the striped coasters.

Then, just for fun, I set the table with blue and white plates and napkins.

The blue watering can...which started all this...got deconstructed a little, but still sits on the deck coffee table.
 Click here to see what it looked like on the 4th.

 I'm so glad I finally found some things that are weather resistant...they were all in the shed. So my new look is free. 

Guess I'd better get busy and  clean up the mess I made. 
My sweet neighbor just dropped by with magazines and a gorgeous beachy color paint sample.
Thank goodness she doesn't mind seeing my house in a mess. 

Have a good week,
xo Babs

Fun Parties to Visit:
    
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
           
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday



17 comments:

Pondside said...

You put me to shame! My baker's rack sits on the veranda - a catch-all for gardening tools, gloves and whatever I have in my hands on the way into the house. Time to do something with it! Thanks for inspiration.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Your baker's rack looks great, Babs. I love all of the blue and white. I am trying to find a way to incorporate a few pieces into my home. You did a great job of decorating it!

Sarah said...

Babs, your blue and white with touches of yellow are perfect for summer. Great idea to keep the vignettes revolving to prevent using it is a catch-all. Unfortunately I have a table on the upper terrace that tends to "catch" a variety of things. I frequently have to clean it off and let the little vignette of pot plants steal the show. '-)

Suzan said...

Love what you did with your blue rusted tub!! Perfect for a flower pot with lantanas!!
As you say - blue and yellow are perfect colors for summer!! Sounds like we're moving into hot summer this week :-//

Debbie said...

Free is the second best part of it. The "first best" would be how pretty and summery it looks. I love it. I'm a huge fan of yellow and blue.

I've been out of pocket and am trying to catch up. We did indeed go to the mountains, and we did indeed visit Saute Nachoochee (too lazy to check spelling this AM.) THANKS for the idea!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I love it! This is the kinds of posts that have inspired me to do more on my deck this year! I really like the big bowl full of shells- that's a great design! All the blue and white looks fab and I love the touches of yellow! I see you were not sitting around this weekend!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Babs, this is just beautiful! Love that blue color and the white and beachy are perfect for summer. You make me want to bring out my shells!
hugs,
Linda

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Oh Babs I LOVE your pretty display...so light and summery...it's perfect!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Babs,
Thank you for sharing this pretty blue and white vignette at my Show and Share Party.

Blessings,
Linda

Mary said...

Watering Can Love Babs, I had to pop over and see your patriotic version! I love your baker's rack styled and decked out in blue, white & yellow for the summer. I can completely relate to it being a catch otherwise :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love it Babs...you decorated your bakers rack with my favorite color combination...blue and white with a pop of yellow!

Kelly said...

I like how you decorated your bakers rack. That looks perfect for summer! I can imagine sitting out there eating and enjoying all of the pretty blue and white with yellow flowers that you've added. Of course, that would have to be at night as it is TOO hot during the day! The humidity has been awful this week.

Oliva Ohlson said...

Stunning! I'm on the hunt for a baker's rack!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love your bakers rack and all the white and blue, so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Donna said...

Hi Babs, your bakers rack looks great! I love all the decorations you used, and the blue and white is perfect for summer.
Enjoy your week!
Donna

Art and Sand said...

Your baker's rack looks great dressed in blue and white.

I have a baker's rack I keep outdoors with beachy items, but I think after seeing your rack that mine needs a refresh.

Alycia Nichols said...

Can you hear the thunderous applause coming from my little corner of the world? Wow, Babs....beautiful!!!

I applaud you for working to keep your rack decorated. I have just about given up this year. The wind has just been merciless, not to mention the RAIN!!!