Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkins, Pine Cones and a Hint of Halloween

Saturday, the weather, here in Georgia, was gorgeous...sunny, breezy and perfect for sitting on the deck.

Actually, I didn't do a lot of sitting. I had fun playing with the pumpkins and pine cones.



My deck colors are gray and white with black furniture...not very cheerful, especially in Fall and Winter. 
The deck is visible from the kitchen/breakfast area, so I like to decorate it with something bright and fun.

I brought out the farm basket from the foyer and added a garland with grasses, acorns and berries. 
Then I added a couple of pumpkins, and a bunch of pine cones from the yard.

A fall colored pillow and light weight throw...(it's really a Pashmina), books and a candle, cozy up the cold metal glider and table. 

The deck jack-o-lantern now has a pumpkin hat, and his brother...

...by the front walk, has a mum-y hat. :)  

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Fall-and-almost-Halloween deck.
 Hope Y'all had a great weekend, too. 

xo Babs


           
                                               Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday


16 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your deck looks so pretty Babs...Love the arrangement you put together in the basket!

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs! Oh, I love how you've falled up your deck! You added the perfect things and your basket with the pumpkin looks so nice! Love the little metal looking jack-o-lantern.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh my deck is a mess...I wish it looked like this! The pumpkin jack o lantern stools are adorable. Great find there!

Unknown said...

Your deck looks very pretty and so welcoming. Enjoy!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

PLEASE tell me where you got the pumpkin stools!!? I WANT some ASAP!!! Have never seen them before. Your deck looks awesome! Thanks for sahring it all.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Super cute Babs! Those big pumpkin planter/lanterns were a great find! I wonder if my store ever had them. Love the arrangement with the pumpkins and pinecones!

Alycia Nichols said...

Mmmmm...pretty, pretty! You are so lucky to be able to leave things sitting out like that! We get so much dew around here in the fall that everything would be soaked!!! But I shouldn't complain...the weather here has been gorgeous the last several days, and we're expecting sunshine, blue skies, and warm temps most of this week, too!

Diggin' the "mum0y" hat!!!! :-)

Kelly said...

You've made your back deck look so festive for the Fall! I haven't added any Fall décor to my back deck. Soon, we'll be seeing all that bright orange up in the trees too!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Such a nice sunny festive fall spot to sit in :)

Pat said...

Babs,
Love the vibrant Autumnal hues against your grey and white deck, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Lady of the Manor said...

Deck is decked out quite nicely for fall!! Love those big pumpkins. I think I saw those somewhere.they sure are cute!!

Sarah said...

Babs, your deck looks to be a perfect spot to enjoy these beautiful autumn days. Love the pillow and shawl. I want to grab a book and settle in.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

love the deck makes want one too. where oh where did you get the stools so cool visiting from freedom friday have a great weekend

The Domestic Curator said...

Beautiful fall spot! Love it! Coming to you from Freedom Fridays and sharing on my SM!

Babs said...

Robin, I got the jack-o-lanterns at Home Depot. I guess they do look like stools, but are hollow and you can put a light in them, or set a plant in the top.

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty. Thanks for linking with HSH!
Sherry