Friday, December 12, 2014

Breakfast Table With A View

 I'm keeping it simple on the breakfast table. 

I used my grandmother's dough bowl to hold a large hurricane and then piled on evergreens, pinecones, faux green apples and a few ornaments.


Tartan table runners...yes, two of them...


I've "extended" the breakfast room view...to the deck.


I filled the deck planters with evergreens, a little tree, a few red apples from an old garland, and some little white lights...


...a bird's house and garland soften the metal bistro table...


...a little pinecone bird...


...is checking out a treat cup that I made by filling an orange shell with suet, and adding holly berries on top.  
I'll put it on the bird feeder later.


I got this cute Christmas wheelbarrow ornament to put in the planter, but I couldn't get a good photo of it there, so here it is on the table runner. 

We're really enjoying the view from the breakfast table during the day, but I really love seeing the lights at night.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great weekend.
Merry Christmas!
xo Babs


 Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday





15 comments:

Poppy said...

Babs, what a beautiful holiday table you've set, from the tartan runners and the festive centerpiece, to all the greenery. Love all the red, white, and green touches (my favourite colours at Christmas). The pine cone bird is adorable; I had to look twice!

Happy weekend!

xx
Poppy

Sylvia said...

So pretty,love the view out your window.

Unknown said...

What a delightful view! Love your idea of doing this. Love your table too. The runners are so pretty. Looks a lot like Christmas!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Babs, everything is beautiful. I am in love with that pinecone bird! So adorable. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!
hugs,
Linda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your table and those fabulous plaid runners. The church outside is such a great and timely view.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

How pretty, Babs! You have created the perfect holiday view!

Marigene said...

Who wouldn't want to start the day at this lovely table, Babs. Love the tartan runners.
Have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love how you decorated your back deck area.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh how wonderful to have a view to enjoy out the window. I just might sit there all morning. Great tartan runners and the wheelbarrow is so cute.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Babs,
You have done such a beautiful job with al your holiday décor (love your deck area).

Blesings,
Linda

Sarah said...

Babs, I think dough bowls are the best for seasonal decorating. I've several, and each one is filled with something for the holidays.
Love the view to the deck. Very clever of you. I'd love to have breakfast at your table.

Savannah Granny said...

Babs, I love your view. Everything looks so festive and the tartan runners are so beautiful. That little birdie is just about the cutest thing I ever saw.
I haven't decorated a thing. We are leaving Thursday for Nasville for the holidays. It really feels strange not having a single thing up. So, I am especially enjoying your breakfast table and deck.
Merry Christmas
Ginger

Lady of the Manor said...

Just beautiful, Babs, especially at night! Love those lights!! That pinecone bird is adorable, too! Merry Christmas!

Pat said...

Babs,
I just love how your tablescape extends to the Patio beyond the windows, dear friend!!!
Love your Church and the pine cone bird is adorable!!!
I gasped for breath when I viewed the photo with the Christmas lights aglow!!!
Breathtaking beautiful!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Sue said...

Hi Babs....I love your plaid table runners...did you buy them or make them...I love anything plaid for Christmas....Have a wonderful holiday with your family and very Happy New Year!!