Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Puttering, Purchases and a Project Peek

I'm finally got into gear over the weekend and did a little changing things around in the living room.


I picked up the little boxwood planter last week. I can never have enough boxwood.

I was on a roll with green, so I dug out my green birds from the closet.

Added a bird book...I can never have too many birds, either.

Last week, I found the two green Bordallo Pinheiro leaf plates and one of the gold..$1.71 each!  I already had two gold ones, so I was happy to find the others. I love using them to hold pickles, lemon slices or a few crackers.

I couldn't pass up this vintage looking jack-o-lantern treat container. He was under two dollars, and he'll be great for next Halloween. 

This past weekend, Hubby decided he wanted to make a surround for our floating fireplace mantel. Well, who am I to say "no"?  :)

This is it so far, and thankfully, the picture is crooked, not the mantel. 
It's a build-and-design-as-we-go project. Wish us luck. :)  
Hubby still has to put the blocks at the bottom and top sides and any trim we think it might use... I still have to decide on that.

I hope all of y'all up north are safe and warm, and didn't have as much snow as predicted. 
xo Babs


Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday



14 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Babs, I love your birds.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your coffee table vignette looks so pretty Babs and I love your Bordallo plates! Can't wait to see your new fireplace surround...it's going to look beautiful!

Marigene said...

Babs, those birds are adorable...must be the green!
Great find on the BP leaf dishes.
Have a great week.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lucky you with the BP finds! Love the green decor!
hugs,
Linda

Stacey said...

Your mantel is going to be fabulous! I love the vignette on the table too.

Sarah said...

Babs, finally getting myself geared up to change out a few things around here. Feels good, doesn't it? '-)
Your thrift finds are winners; each of them! I'm a fan of the vintage Halloween pieces so I would have been happy to find such a piece. Boxwood, Bordallo Pinheiro plates.........more of what I'd like to find.
Your fireplace surround is looking great. Impressive!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I like the new changes on the coffee table. The fireplace surround is looking great! Look at mine sometime- our builder built it piece by piece with moldings and trim that you can purchase. I knew I wanted the dentil molding and the fluted trim and I left the mantel to him.

Lady of the Manor said...

Lovely changes, Babs, and your mantel is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see how you all finish it up!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great finds and beautiful changes ~ ~ looking forward to the progress of the mantel surround ~ ~ how nice of hubby to create that for you!!

Denise said...

I love your living room vignettes, Barb! I always like your style in decorating. :) I'll be watching and following your fireplace surround project; I would love for hubby and I to do something like that for our fireplace. It really needs to be brought out of the 70's and into the 21st century. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week, and stay warm!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Unknown said...

Beautiful vignette! Love the fireplace surround. I know it will be so pretty when finished. Can't wait!!

Kelly said...

Your fireplace mantel is looking good! I like the surround your husband built for it. Your bird accessories are very pretty too. Wishing it was Spring right now!

Pat said...

Babs,
Great score on the Bordallo Pinheiro leaf plates, dear friend!!!
Love the promise of your newest project!!!
I'll be watching for a completed reveal, soon!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I love those darling leaf plates. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/02/make-it-pretty-monday-week-127.html Hope to see you at the bash. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse