Saturday, October 17, 2015

Halloween Secretary

Our poor secretary has had the same things in it for months now, so I took pity on it and "treated" it...or maybe I "tricked" it.  :) 

Lots of retro orange and black~

A scary book or two,,,and books with orange or yellow covers~



Cats~

And rats~

Pumpkins~



Witchy picture~

Happy Halloween Secretary!
xo Babs

Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
 Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Frugal Family Home~Tuesday Garden Party
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Share Your Style ~ The Essence of Home
Share Your StyleThe Uptown Acorn
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

14 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love it all 'tricked' out!!

Blondie's Journal said...

How cute!! I love those vintage Kit Kats!

Jane x

Kelly said...

Your secretary is so festive for Halloween! I like your vintage style Halloween decorations. Recently, I found a bunch of that style for sale at an antique store. They are so much cuter than the regular stuff you find at Party City!

Lynn said...

Looks like you're all set for Halloween! Love the ceramic cat's head:@)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

How cute Babs! Love the details- especially that witchy framed picture!

Lady of the Manor said...

Your secretary is all 'tricked' out! What a 'treat' it is to see it!! Happy Halloween!

Sarah said...

Babs, big smiles here as I scroll down the photos of details. It looks perfect for celebrating Halloween. I hope your little grands get to see it. I find the vintage Halloween things charming. It obviously brings back my own childhood memories of Halloween in the 50s, but I think it just has more character.
Clever to add in the books, and the witchy picture is adorable.
Happy Halloween!

S H Elliott said...

Your secretary looks wonderful all tricked out! Sheila

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Babs, I can't believe it but I found a Secretary today on a local yard sale site. It's not as pretty as yours but I can't believe I got it for a song! They even delivered. Now I need to decorate it! Fun. This one is from the 40's they said.

Linda

Sandi Magle said...

I had a brick and mortar shop when New "Retro" Halloween first hit the marketplace. I bought my brains out....and it all sold like crazy. I have always loved the look, and I wish I had kept some of the crazier pieces that were out then. Love your cabinet look, it's great, interesting and just fun! Thanks, Sandi

Pat said...

Babs,
I'd say you "Tricked" this Secretary into thinking
you were "Treating" it to a Traditional make~over. . .
and went Retro, instead!!!
LOVE the retro cats!!!
Wishing you a wonderfully filled Autumnal week ahead, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Stacey said...

This is wonderful! Secretaries are so great to begin with but yours all dressed for Halloween is a bonus.

Maria Elena said...

Babs, it looks beautiful. I love all the little touches of Halloween. Sooo pretty! xxx Maria

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Spooky and cute...love your black kitties.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy