Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Blooming Cabbage Salad

Here's a salad I made from the Chinese cabbage plants you saw in my post a couple of weeks ago. 

Blooming Cabbage Salad

After I used the little cabbage plants in the post...click HERE ...
I put them in a big pot outside. 
It's been so warm that they grew fast, and then started blooming. 
They didn't form "heads", but are still very nice to eat. 

I cut one of the bolting cabbages and added it to some purple cabbage I had left over from an Easter curdite basket. 

 I assembled the basket after we got to my aunt's house. Sorry, I didn't take a close up pic of it, but you can see it in this one my cousin took on Easter. 

Back to the salad...here it is with the chicken enchiladas we had for tonight's supper.
All I did for the salad is chop the red cabbage and blooming Chinese cabbage. 
Add, a bit of chopped green onion, a drizzle of olive oil and a splash or two of Tarragon vinegar...salt and pepper. 
Then, garnished with the flowers. 
I still have six cabbages left, so guess I'd better get busy looking for recipes. 

Thanks for stopping by.
 xo Babs


Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
 Karen's Upon the Hill ~ Something to Talk About  
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Share Your Style ~ The Essence of Home
Share Your Style Uptown Acorn
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks delicious! Did I miss the recipe? And Babs, you look fantastic in the pic!! :)

Jane xx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The salad is so pretty and so are you!
hugs,
Linda

Kelly said...

that salad looks yummy! I love salads. Even better that you used your own homegrown cabbage for it. The basket you put together for your Easter dinner looks so pretty! You definitely made vegetables look better.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a beautiful salad....and healthy too!...The crudite
basket is so very pretty!....

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

It looks yummy...and pretty, Babs! I love that big container, too! Have a great weekend! ...hugs...Debbie

Jaybird said...

Hi there...pretty salad and beautiful lady!! Hope you had a happy b-day. I sent an ecard, but I don't think it got
to you :^(
Have a great weekend and blessings to you,
J

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a great photo of you! I should try growing some cabbage in a pot too. I love the idea and what a pretty salad.