Monday, March 23, 2015

Hare E. Rabbit ~ Rustic and Refined

Hi! 
Spring is here, and I've been slow at Spring decorating . 
Hare E. Rabbit...you might remember him from last year... 
Click here to see his "debut"...arrived with a bit of an attitude.
And, yesterday, he gave me the "rabbit eye", because my Spring decorating isn't meeting his expectations.


Between you and me, I think he's been watching P. Allen Smith's videos again.
 P. Allen Smith is one of his favorite garden designers...mine, too.
Trying to get me inspired, Hare E. said he wanted to do a "rustic and refined" vignette.
 OK, I'm supposed to to the "rustic", and he will do the "refined"! 
Hmmm...


I set about gathering things for the vignette...rustic wheelbarrow, and a little distressed bench...


 ...a bee skep, a few flower pots...


...and Napa cabbage from the garden center. 
That's a special treat for Hare E. and ...


...his country cousins, who stopped by. 
They thoughtfully, brought a pot of carrots.

You're probably wondering about the "refined" part. Well...


...Hare E. donned his brown satin bow tie, and filled his basket with white tulips and little lavender and yellow flowers...very refined. 

He added his favorite cabbages plates, a pot of grape hyacinths from the garden, and monogrammed napkins. 
The "R" is for Rabbit, of course. :)

Shhh...don't tell him, but while he wasn't looking, I slipped in a bowl of Easter eggs. 


I think Hare E. is happy now. I really did appreciate his "help".

Hope Spring has come to your garden...or maybe your kitchen table.
xo Babs

Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
 Karen's Upon the Hill ~ Something to Talk About  
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Share Your Style ~ The Essence of Home
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday




12 comments:

Lynn said...

So, he was giving you the "hare-y eyeball"??? Yep, that's attitude:@) Your vignette looks great Babs-Happy Spring!

Ron said...

Happy Spring, Babs!!!! He's lookin' good! xo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looking good Babs...I love rustic and refined!! It's starting to look like Spring inside my house but the weather doesn't want to cooperate outside!

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

Well this is just so darn happy and festive! I adore it! And that cabbage is one of the best tips I have read about! I will be looking for some this week!
Happy Spring & thanks for sharing :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hare E. is a marvelous helper as the table is beautiful and he made certain that his new home is just that...Gorgeous Babs!...

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

It's always nice to have "a little help from our friends" and Hare E. was a big help! The table looks beautiful and I love the REAL cabbage and flowers! I have real flowers on my table right now too. The smell of the hyacinth is SO beautiful. Happy Spring!!!

One More Time Events said...

Everything is so cute.... love your vignette

Marigene said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest vignette, Babs. I love the little story that went with it. So far the only thing green I have bought is a little pot of rosemary...they go really fast.
Hope your week is great.

Kelly said...

That is an adorable vignette for Easter! I love the wheelbarrow with the cabbage and the cute carrots in the clay pot.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a sweet vignette!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Jaybird said...

The vignette is lovely, but the story is my favorite!!! Rabbit-eye indeed :^)
You are great!!
Blessings,
J

The Charm of Home said...

That looks awesome Babs! Thanks for joining HSH!
Sherry