Monday, March 18, 2013

Easter Basket and Blue Willow

I bought this Easter basket last year. You might remember it from this post, where I used it with my Blue Willow on the hutch.

This year, I'm using the basket and the Blue Willow again, but in a slightly different way.


I did a vignette on the entry chest...LOL, what else is new? 

Anyway, I tucked a couple of pieces of Blue Willow in the basket, among the eggs and flowers...


...and added a few more eggs.


The bowl is a pudding bowl, and the lid is from a sugar bowl.

Beside the basket is a Booths Real Old Willow plate, and a cabbage leaf plate to add more green. I can never have too much green. :)
Well, that's all the Easter decorating I've done. I can't believe Easter is just around the corner. I'd better get busy.
I'll be by to visit y'all to get lots of inspiration...I need it. :)
Hugs and have a great week,
Babs

Linking to these great parties ~ 

The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday 
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Table Top Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Stone Gable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop

Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home
The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday


22 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Came over from The Scoop. Love your vignette. I love blue and white however it is shown! Beautiful. XO,Pinky

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely blue and white willow vignette!

Unknown said...

Blue and green! Love it. What a darling arrangement. :)

Have a great week!
~Liz

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Babs, your basket is so beautiful. I love blue willow and never thought to use it in an Easter basket.

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
What a lovely vignette on your entry chest!!!
I love the basket with soft butter yellows and blues and the willow bowl and lid make it such an exquisite statement! Eggs in any hue or shape definitely speak Spring to me!!!
I adore the blue willow and green cabbage plate as accents along with the gardening books!!! I'd say Easters on its way @ upstairs downstairs, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Debbie said...

Well, I love it. I have such a thing for blue willow anyway, but in this application with the basket and the fact that it's on the entry table, I love it even more.

Debbie goes to search for a basket now...

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Babs, your vignette is so pretty. Love the blue willow pieces! Your basket is perfect for all of your florals and Easter accents!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

A very pretty vignette Babs. I love how you used the eggs in the pudding bowl in the basket.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Babs your basket looks beautiful! Love the whole vignette!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs! Oh, this is just gorgeous! I would never have thought of using Blue Willow like this! You're too much! :) I love it.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa said...

I have one word - gorgeous! The color is unexpected for a spring vignette and I LOVE that! Happy Tuesday from the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh Babs, the Blue Willow is so so beautiful, it has always been my favorite and I always love it in vignettes, love your photos..

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Babs,
I would never have thought to put blue willow in an Easter basket! Your basket is so unique, and I love it in the vignette you've created in your entry!

Kelly said...

I love how you added that blue willow to a basket like that. Such a creative idea! It looks very nice for Easter without being too "frou-frou". Some Easter decorations can get like that. Do you know what I mean? I've got to get busy buying my Easter candy etc too. It will be here before we know it!

Alycia Nichols said...

Just as pretty as it can be!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Keep those vignettes coming because every time I visit your blog I am inspired! I sometimes wish I had a new room or new something to show...but the reality is that I don't. It's called keeping it real! Love the blue and white...a favorite of mine and so pretty. Hope your week is off to a good start...Ann

Pam Kessler said...

That is just adorable! I never would have thought to use the little bowl as an egg holder. Very springy.

foreverdecorating said...

This is just about the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time. I have a friend that loves blue dishes so I will have to share this with her.

Ivy and Elephants said...

So simple, but so elegant. Now why didn't I think of that! It looks amazing.
Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

Well now, that came out just lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Jeannie and Linda said...

Babs, how clever to use the china in the basket! I love it!

Thanks so much for visiting the Nest. We are joining your lovely blog and invite you to join us.

Have a blessed weekend.

Linda (and Jeannie) at The French Hens Nest

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I think that is one of the most beautiful arrangements! I have got to borrow your idea and do something similar with some of my transferware.