Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chicks in the Powder Room

Happy Spring everyone! 
Hasn't this weather been crazy? Our temps have been up and down, and just about the time I'm ready to  plant my outdoor containers, we get a freeze warning for tonight. Go figure!

I ran out and covered the hostas which have started emerging, and then back in the house to work on some more Easter/Spring touches around the house.


 I know it may look funny to put chicks and a bucket of eggs in the powder room, but my powder room really needed some cheering up...poor thing. 
I'm sure you recognize these little chicks from my Shabby Spring Tray post, and I like them with the pail, so I moved them downstairs...definitely getting my money's worth with these chickies.
I found the little pail at Marshall's. I think it was in the beach decor section, but I like it for holding eggs...for now. 

Earlier today, I stopped by the grand opening of a little gift shop near me, and picked up a real topiary. You got it... a real one.


I've seen Angel Vine and thought they were pretty, but never bought one. The shop owner told me they're "not very forgiving", but since my African Violet is thriving....thanks to everyone's advice on growing it...I felt lucky and bought the Angel Vine.



Here's my African Violet...I took the photo this afternoon, and I'm thrilled that it's doing so well. Thanks y'all!



Wish me luck with my Angel Vine, and Happy Spring!
Hope y'all have a great weekend,
Babs

Linking with ~
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Stone Gable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits~ Thursday




23 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Like your spring touches to bathroom. I love topiaries but don't have luck with them....Good luck with your African Violets too! They are both so pretty!

Happy Spring!

Suzan said...

Neat #2 bucket and chicks!!
That's right!!! First day of spring and we're going to have snow and ice by Friday??? I keep thinking about the farmers!

Unknown said...

Love the little pail! Beautiful color. Those are some sweet chickies too!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Your chicks and pail are pure sweetness, Babs!
I'm also smitten with your topiary. Oh I hope it grows well for you. :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Babs I love that topiary!! They're so hard to find!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I think your pail looks really cute with the chicks! I bought a wire basket with a #1 on it that I planned to decorate for Easter. Love the Angel vine topiary! Glad o see your African violets are still happy!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Love the little pail and the chickies! Your African violet is doing wonderful, and my grandmother could grow them like dandelions. The Angel Vine is lovely, and I hope it stays nice for you.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I just love the rustic egg pail and chicks. The African Violet looks healthy and the topiary is a great accent piece for sure. I can't feel to sorry for your possible frosts though, we still have four feet of snow.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Babs, what a sweet addition to your powder room. The chicks are adorable; and the topiary is beautiful. A lovely touch of Spring!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

The little bucket is perfect with the eggs and your little chicks. Happy Spring to you.











PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Very cute-love the chickens.Hope your topiary makes it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your touches of spring and the chicks are just sooooooo cute with the little bucket. Hugs, Marty

Salmagundi said...

Love those chicks - they sure speak of Spring. Sally

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
Lovely vignette in your powder room! The blue bucket definitely sets off the chicks!!! Your African Violet is stunning!!! Yeah...you're doing so well with it, dear friend!!! Good luck with your Angel vine...you can do this, I'm sure!!!
Fondly,
Pat

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
Lovely vignette in your powder room! The blue bucket definitely sets off the chicks!!! Your African Violet is stunning!!! Yeah...you're doing so well with it, dear friend!!! Good luck with your Angel vine...you can do this, I'm sure!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Alycia Nichols said...

I am sending lots of good mojo your way so that your beautiful topiary will live a long, healthy, happy life! Your African violet is doing great! Congrats!

I don't think it's weird to have chicks in the powder room. Everybody as to go! :-)

Have a good weekend, and try to stay warm! Snowing here all weekend. :-(

Unknown said...

Looks like your violet is thriving-yeah. Love the chicks and eggs.

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

The topiary is beautiful! Good luck with it! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Sarah said...

Darling vignettes. Good luck with the angel vine. I killed my first one. A friend gave me two for Valentine's Day. They are still with me. Hoping to keep them alive through the spring at least. I think they are charming, especially on little trellises.

Unknown said...

Ohhh spring is coming and I love love love your chickies!!! Your topiary is so sweet! :)

Hugs,

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your topiary, I always wanted to make one...umm, maybe I will.. The little chikies are so sweet and I'm sure you all, myfriends in the US will have a beautiful spring by next week, come Easter, I'm sure! Thanks for your sweet and kind comment. Enjoy the weekend.
FABBY

The French Hutch said...

Hi Babs, Love the little pail, perfect for a little Easter basket paired with the chicks. Makes such a sweet vignette for the powder. I think I have a few things that I could do a copy cat vignette. I love this!!!! Thanks for sharing.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Kathy said...

I'd be interested as to how you do - the angel vine is gorgeous! Love your chicks and the bucket in the powder room - they're precious! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy