Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pink Plates

It's all Hubby's fault! :)

We stopped by a yard sale a couple of weeks ago, and Hubby saw these pink plates and talked me into buying them.


There were only two plates, and I kept telling him I didn't have much to go with them.


But he kept saying, "They'll go with your green cabbage plates." So, I thought...maybe I could use them. They were pretty, and the price was right.

So, pink plates, green, yellow and white other "stuff" equals...
Easter Hutch.  

Oh, and there were pink mugs too, but most had chips. I managed to find two without...

...and a ceramic Easter egg...also from the yard sale. Couldn't leave that since it goes with the pink plates and cups.

 I found the green compote at a new consignment shop, last month...no marking on it.

More chicks! I've had these for a couple of years.
Instead of putting eggs in the egg cups, I "planted" them with these cute hyacinth tea lights.

 I know you're supposed to light the wick, and then blow it out, but 
I didn't have the heart to light them.

Now, the hutch is ready for Easter...thanks to Hubby. :)

I almost forgot to show you a closer look at the eggs I found at Michael's. 
Love their vintage look.

They're metal and open to hide candy or toys...

Hope y'all are having a great weekend. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs, and stay warm.
Babs

Please visit these great parties ~

The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Table Top Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday

27 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful display Babs!!

Deb said...

Your hutch looks so pretty. Love all the colours. You have lots of cute Easter decor but my favorite are the vintage eggs. They are beautiful and the fact they open up for Easter surprises makes them even better.
Sounds like the love of decorating is rubbing off on the hubby. Hugs, Deb

Sarah said...

Babs, the hutch looks darling. Bravo that your husband encouraged you to buy the plates. They are a great shade of pink and do go extremely well with the cabbage leaf plates. Great find! The eggs from Michaels are sweet and really like the footed green ~ Sarah

The Tablescaper said...

Hubby was right! I think I have 6 or 8 of these. Love your hutch.

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Phyllis @Around the House said...

The hutch is so pretty and is ready for Easter, love your chick egg cups, would love to have some like that, can never find though...love those pink plates and that beautiful egg with the scene on it...so many pretty things...lovely

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Babs, your Easter display is beautiful, but of course your things shown are just lovely, like your pink plate, the chick egg cups, the cabbage leaf plates...so pretty! Glad you hubs made you buy the pink plates..what a nice guy! Have a happy Sunday.
FABBY

The French Hutch said...

Hi Babs, Thank your husband, those pink plates are gorgeous and what a lovely Easter hutch! I love the decorated eggs, such a beautiful display for Easter.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Anonymous said...

Oh Babs! Your hubby is a winner. I love your new pink plates and cups. He was right, they look so pretty with your other green things and Easterness. What a pretty display. The eggs are nice too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous Babs! Love the pink, and those eggs are so sweet! Great display for your hutch!

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

Your Easter display is so pretty, love the chick egg-cups with the cute hyacinth tea lights in them...so sweet! Everything is lovely!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your hubby has a good eye, I never could have passed by those pretty plates. They are perfect for spring or even a pretty summer tablescape for two. Your hutch looks gorgeous, I love those eggs and the compote is beautiful. I always lit my candles even if I was displaying them as my SIL told me to do that. I thought she was nuts because I never heard of anyone else doing it until now! But you're right, these are too pretty to risk melting!

XO,
Jane

Lynn said...

Your hutch looks great! Very pretty colors for Easter-enjoy:@)

Olive said...

Love the pink and green china Babs. I cannot resist pretty plates either.

Susan Freeman said...

They are the perfect accents for your other pieces! Sometimes hubby knows best. I know mine does.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
Your pink plates are a perfect accent to your collection and make your hutch PoP with Spring freshness, dear friend!!!
Kuddos to your husband for spotting those!!! I do like the mugs that go with the set, as well!!! Perhaps an Easter Breakfast table for two using those as an outward appreciation is in order?
Thanks for sharing those adorable accessories ...love the chicks with tea lights!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Myra said...

I love the pink and green! Sometimes Hubby is right.

Sylvia said...

Love the hutch. The pink plates are really pretty and just enough for you and your hubby to share tea with each other.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful display in your easter hutch-so many pretty things, I just loved your metal eggs being so finely detailed.
Have a good week.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Not sure that my husband ever told me to buy more plates. He thinks I do fine on my own. The hutch looks so good repainted and filled in pastels. Love the eggs!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Not sure now if you did a post on painting the hutch or just the island to match the hutch!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh Babs, I am so glad hubby convinced you to take them home. I can't imagine my hubby doing that. He already says I have too many. Although he is so easy going and let's me buy more. They are perfect with your cabbage plates. I love odds and ends of dishes. I brought home two green checked plates and one bowl from a thrift store on Fri. They are so cute with my pink and greens.
hugs,
Jann

Ann said...

Hubby was SO right--the pink plates make the hutch just perfect for spring.
Ann

Alycia Nichols said...

Your husband talked you INTO buying the plates?!??!?!!! Don't I wish??? :-) And what's with these husbands knowing so much about what goes with what? Our husbands are really ahead of their time!!!!!!!!!

The Bashful Nest said...

You can never have enough plates! I just wish my hubby felt the same way. You made a beautiful display for Easter. Enjoy your week ahead.
xoxo Michelle. thebashfulnest,blogspot.com

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Babs, now isn't your hubby the sweetest? I love those plates and mugs and doesn't your hutch look so pretty? Where did you ever find those cute hyacinth tea lights? I have bunny egg cups with plain old green tea lights!!

Emreen said...

Love the pink cups, pink plate and the Easter cups...

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...How pretty! I love your charming pink and green Springtime settings. What a sweet display you have created in your beautiful hutch.
I'm happy to have discovered your wonderful post, my friend.
Blessings and Happy Easter!
Carolynn xo