Monday, July 29, 2013

More White Dishes ~ Coastal Tablescape

I love doing tablescapes, but y'all may have noticed, I don't have a lot of dishes. 
Well...I have a lot of white dishes and a few odds and ends in other colors...salad plates, etc.
So, what did I buy the other day? More white dishes...4 white square dinner plates, to be exact. 


I combined the square plates with some other things I already had.


Bowls from a different set of white dishes, white monogrammed napkins, silver napkin rings and water hyacinth placemats.


Glass vase with sand, seashells and a candle...


...two seashells I spray painted with metallic silver paint. 
(Silver salt and peppers are on my wish list.) 


My old seashell planter is used as a "wine cooler"...


...coastal-look silver dish. 

Silver julep cups, stainless flatware...and my favorite dollar store wine glasses.


Are you ready for a coastal supper? I actually have a real bottle of wine for the wine cooler...Barefoot Chardonnay. :)

xo Babs


                                                                            Let's Party
                                                       The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday

Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
Rain On A Tin Roof ~ Give Me the Goods Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
Sunny in Tucson ~ The Blog Post Office
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Summer Acres ~ The HomeAcre Hop
                                                           The Polohouse ~ Favorites on the First   



18 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. The square plates are so pretty and the planter used as a wine cooler is genius. How fun is this. Hugs, Marty

Sylvia said...

Love your table of white. Always a favorite of mine. Makes me want to go to the beach.

Judi said...

All it takes is the word "coastal" and I have to see what's going on LOL! It looks great! I have those same placemats but didn't know they were Water Hyacinth! ~AND~ I'll have a sip of the Barefoot Chardonnay in your fav dollar store glasses please! Judi

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very lovely and crisp coastal white Summer table! I love your square dishes and the sea stars around it. I love the planter as a wine cooler, it's perfect and so clever!
Big hugs,
FABBY

Kelly said...

Ok, what time is dinner tonight? I'll be right over. Your table setting is so pretty. I love the mix of white dishes and seagrass and the silver. I never would've thought to spray paint seashells. What a great idea!

hidden art of homemaking said...

Very pretty. I love your square white plates..I just did a tablescape for Wednesday with square white plates. :-)
Love, Mona

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The seashell planter is gorgeous! And I love your white plates with a seashell theme. They are perfect for any decorating! I don't have many dishes either...mostly white Corelle! heehee! Sweet hugs!

Sarah said...

Barefoot chardonnay, what a cute name! Your white table makes me think of a beautiful white sand beach. It's absolutely lovely, Babs! Love finding square plates. They add great interest to a table.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love all things coastal! Your table is beautiful!

Pat said...

Babs,
Those square white dinner plates are a nice addition to your collection, dear friend!!!
Adore the shell planter turned wine cooler!!! Very clever!
Love the Costal theme of this tablescape!
Thank you for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Bonnie said...

I love your clever idea of spray painting sea shells. Your white square plates look attractive on the round mats. Your tablescape has so much character.

Bonnie said...

I love your clever idea of spray painting sea shells. Your white square plates look attractive on the round mats. Your tablescape has so much character.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love this table Babs! The wine in the shell is so great, and I love the mats! Very successful with carefully chosen and unique pieces! Looks great!
Jenna

Beeutiful by Design said...

You are so clever I thought those were silver salt and peppers! I love the monogram napkins -in the south we love anything monogrammed don't we!

Cathy said...

Babs,

You couldn't have left those plates behind, they needed to go on a new adventure! Now they have a new home with lots of family. Love how you used the planter to hold the wine.

Cathy's Cupboard Calamity <;)

Sharlotte said...

I really like your table! The colors are perfect and understated...very relaxing. I like all your extra pieces too, I need to spray paint several shells silver, yours look so neat!
(I think we "think" alike...I love anything "sea" related and those kitchen chairs? I have the same ones, except mine are stained oak! and my table this past week? yep, same colors!)
Thanks for sharing...again, I love your table!
Sharlotte

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a pretty tablescape! Love the large shell, you've shown that this piece can be very versatile!
Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Just love this table, Babs!! I love the white and "sand" colors--so refreshing and peaceful. In case you need some support to help with your dish guilt :), I can see why you bought square dishes--they're lovely! I think I need some too! Your silver sea shells are a darling touch. ~Zuni