Friday, December 13, 2013

Living Room~Christmas 2013


Hi, Everyone,
I finally finished decorating the living room yesterday. I'd been looking for something to put on the sofa table, and when I found this white doe and fawn, at an antiques/decor store, I knew they were just the thing.


I love the way the baby looks at his mama, as if he were saying, "Is it Christmas yet, Mama?"




The secretary in the corner, was so dark the day I took these pics. Lighting a couple of candles always helps, though. :)


The small vase on the desk is filled with fresh evergreens and Dusty Miller that I cut from the urns on the front porch.


The vintage oil painting, I found at the same store in November, is topped with a little greenery. 


On the bookcase in the corner, is a jar filled with magnolia and cedar and an antique box I use to keep Christmas cards we've received from friends.

It looks like might have been a Christmas candy box. No one in the family seems to remember where it came from, or what was originally in it...but I love it.

I hope you have a great weekend. Do you have anything fun planned? 
Cookie baking? Carol singing? 
xo Babs

                                                   
                                                                                    Let's Party 

                                                           The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday 
                                                               Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
   Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party Thursdays
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove and A La Carte ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
                                                       The Polohouse ~ Favorites on the First   

15 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Babs and Merry Christmas....I love your living room it looks so cozy....We have the exact same secretary....well daughter has it in storage...but it was my MIL's......same pattern on the glass doors...Hope your doing well and staying dry....aren't you getting sick of this wet weather....Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!! Sue.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hey sweet lady, your living room looks amazing! I love the shot with the tree...it's always sooo C'masy! Beautiful! Merry C'mas to you and yours.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Babs, your room is lovely! I just love your desk and the deer are too sweet! Beautifully done!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hi Babs! I love your deer. I used to have 2 that were standing and they were gold. I tied ribbons around their necks too. You know...I have no idea where they are. I bet they're in a bin up in my attic. Definitely going to hunt them up! Your room is so cozy and inviting. You definitely have the touch...have a good week!

Sarah said...

Babs, your deer are so sweet! They look perfectly at home on your sofa table. Love the vignette on the secretary. Every time I see your beautiful secretary I long to find one for our home.
Happy Holidays……..Sarah

Crystal Grandeur said...


Oh such a lovely decor.your rooms look great with X'mas touch.The doe and the fawn are a beautiful pick for the season.they just go so well on the table.The candy box adds charm.Christmas tree looks awesome.Merry Christmas to you and to your family..:):)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a cozy and pretty room Babs! It looks beautiful all dressed for Christmas...love the shots of your secretary...so pretty!

Unknown said...

Stoppin in from AMaze me Monday...your room is very cozy and just the right amount of decorating for the holidays. Agreed,,,that deer and the fawn are perfect for that spot ! Have a great week!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, everything is so beautiful. I love it. YOur tree is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your home looks so wonderful and festive for Christmas!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your living room is beautiful, Babs! The mama and baby deer are just precious.

We are going to the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden for their annual Las Noches de las Luminarias featuring glass sculptures by Dale Chihuly. It will be beautiful!

Hope you have a lovely weekend and a very Merry Christmas!

Katie Mansfield said...

I saw that almost that same set at the thrift store but the antlers were broken and the set was $35.00. Too pricey for broken antlers. I love, love the plaid book on the secretary. I also love the vintage winter scene. I would love to switch out some of painting for winter ones during the season. I am hopping over from The Charm of Home. I hope you will hop back.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Babs I haven't gotten any new updates for your posts. I missed a few here!
I enjoyed seeing this post. I love your secretary desk and your sofa table with the white deer. It's nice to see a picture of your whole room. Love the color on the walls and how nicely it goes with your furniture.
Hugs,
Liz

Pat said...

Babs,
Simply stunning Christmas decor in your Living Room, dear friend!!!
I adore the details of evergreens above the prints. The dusty miller in the vase has me swooning!!!
Merry Christmas and best wishes in the New Year!
Fondly,
Pat

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your home is so pretty Babs and your Christmas decorations just perfect. Love your sweet little deer, what a great find!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy