Friday, April 25, 2014

Some of My Favorite Flower Containers

 I LOVE, LOVE fresh flowers, and have several containers that I use a LOT.

Of course, flower containers come in a plethora of styles, and I have quite a few, but the containers I use most often are ones that work well in many spaces in my house, and can also "multi-task".

This vintage Haeger vase is the perfect size for small flowers, like these Miss Kim lilac blooms. It also looks good without flowers, on a stack of books in the bookcase.

 I also LOVE classic Revere style bowls, and I have several in different sizes.
This one is the perfect size for floating a single bloom...

...or holding a snack.

This is a Pottery Barn wine cooler, which I rarely use for chilling wine...unless we have company.
 I just put my big ol' wine bottle in the fridge. :)

It even has a built-in "frog".  ;)
The divider works really well for holding flower stems in place.

This hurricane/vase has to be my all time favorite container.
 Here, I inserted a clear glass vase to hold the water...

...and here it is on the deck, holding butter beans and a candle. 
Lots of possibilities.

I hope y'all have a great weekend. Tomorrow, I'll be heading to a nearby town for an antique and holiday fair. I hope to find some goodies...and I'll take my camera along so I can take some photos to show you.

xo Babs
  

Let's Party 
    
The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
     Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
Posed Perfection ~ All Things Thursday Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove and A La Carte ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog

Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

22 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love them all Babs but the first white container with the lilacs is my favorite!
Have fun tomorrow...lucky you!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh yes, you have the most wonderful flower containers and they all look great arranged with flowers! Me too...I have a lovely Portuguese White pitcher Alejandro bought for me early this year for our anniversary and I seem to love it with flowers! I just have it posted in my latest tablescape!
Have a lovely weekend.
FABBY

Blondie's Journal said...

Babs...these are all so pretty. It's all about stepping outside of the box, right! :)

XO,
Jane

Lady of the Manor said...

I love the way you use these containers in unique ways. Great inspiration! Like Martina, my favorite is the white pitcher with those gorgeous lilacs! Enjoy your weekend!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Great ideas Babs! That Pottery Barn piece is a gem! I just made an end table into sort of a library table. I felt it still needs something and you've given me an idea with the flowers! Have fun today!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful containers, Babs. I love fresh flowers and like you use many differant things to put them in other than vases.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

They really are all so pretty and look so lovely with your flowers. Great ideas.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Pretty and useful containers. Love the wine bucket and the white vase!
hugs, Linda

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful containers of glorious things...and I must say that I love the gorgeous arrangement of lilacs in the Haeger container...Have a great weekend!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

All wonderful ideas! I love that wine chiller vase.

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

Everything looks so pretty, love the lilac in the white vase. Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Bonnie said...

We share the love of flowers and containers. I love your lilacs and the white vintage Haeger vase. I like the hurricane vase, also, and especially how you added a smaller container with water over I guess those are tiny rocks.

My goal now is to buy small vases if I buy anymore because I am out of room to store them. Smaller mouths are my requirement because it takes so many flowers if they have a wide opening. I am going to try your idea of container within container next time.
Pretty post, Babs! Hope your weekend is going nicely. It is a beautiful day here in south Alabama.

Kelly said...

You have a nice assortment of containers. I like the glass hurricane and the silver wine cooler the best. I can't wait to see the pics of your shopping trip soon!

Olive said...

Butter beans and a candle-love love that! I also adore cream Haeger containers. I have a few myself. xo, olive

Pondside said...

I, too, have a small white vase that is my favourite - a lovely little shape that I found years ago in Germany. It makes the smallest bouquet into something special.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love them all! I love using unusual containers for flower vases, makes the blooms even more special!
Blessings,
Cindy

Pat said...

Babs,
Great containers, dear friend!
My favorite has to be the vintage Haeger vase!!!
Your florals are just gorgeous!!!
Have a wonderful weeek ahead!
Fondly,
Pat
P.S. I shared your Easter bunny pancakes with my #1 Niece for her Grandsons. . .she was thrilled! She's a manager at a local IHOP!

Stacey said...

How pretty! I have always loved decorating with flowers and other fresh things. It's much more fun now that I've gotten over the idea that it has to be a vase holding the flowers. Little tins, jars, pitchers...they all add to the pretty look. :)

The Tablescaper said...

Love all of your arrangements.

Thanks for sharing your post with Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Debbie said...

I'm one who just plain loves to bring fresh flowers in the house. I'll get them from the lawn or grocery store or beside the road if see them available. Love all your ideas for display, and my favorite is the wine cooler. I would love one of those. Love the look of the flowers in there.

And of course, I would love the look of some wine in there too, but I digress...

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Babs,
You have a special talent for arranging flowers in your pretty containers. I love all of them! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Jody

Jaybird said...

They are all lovely!!! The white Haeger is perfect....
I would love some cheese and crackers....thank you :^)
Blessings,
J