Monday, June 23, 2014

Coastal Wreath Trivet

Good Morning! Hope y'all had a great weekend.
It was too hot to work outside Saturday and Sunday, so I played with the dishes in the kitchen. 
I wanted to show you the silver wreath trivet I recently found...at you guessed it...the thrift store.  You know how cheap thrifty I am.

Of course, since I was playing, I had to add a few more things on the table.

I didn't really need another trivet, but it's silver, and has seashells, seahorses, lobsters and crabs on it. How could I pass it up? 
Plus, you can also hang it with the little hanger behind the bow...but I doubt I'll do that.

I used a clear plate on top, and scooched the bowl of shrimp dip and crackers to the side, so you could still see the design of the trivet.

I added a few more coastal touches...a seashell planter with basil from the garden, hydrangeas and a starfish on the napkins. 
Vanity Fair napkins have seashells embossed on them. I've used them for years, and I'm not being compensated...I just like them.

Love this shell spoon my neighbor gave me. I think it's a coffee measure, but I use it for other things, too.

The shrimp dip is just cream cheese, mayo, chives and a few salad shrimp, for a quick snack to keep me going, while I take photos of the table. Ha.

Hope y'all have a great week. 

Happy Summer!
xo Babs

Fun Parties to Visit:
    
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
           
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday




19 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love everything nautical and the touches of blue in the dishes are perfect with this setting. Enjoy your week and this summertime weather! Hugs!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a great find Babs...your table looks so pretty!!

Kelly said...

I love the idea of using a clear plate on top of the trivet so you can see it. It's beautiful. I recently went to a new thrift store close to my house but didn't see anything good.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love your tablescape/vignette! and the dip looks so good I am saving this to try later!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That trivet is so cute! Great find and love the whole table! I'm ready for a summer table here!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the coastal vignette and what a great idea to place a clear dish over the trivet....the trivet is fabulous!! Hope your temps are getting cooler!...

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Love your trivet and especially how you used a clear dish so we could all enjoy seeing it in action. Beautiful vignette with your blues. I just love blues.

Lady of the Manor said...

Great find, Babs! Your table is inviting and that dip looks delicious!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is gorgeous and that shrimp dip looks awesome. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire ME.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow- that's really a nice piece. You were so smart to put the clear glass plate on it and make it into a serving dish! That's a nice spoon your neighbor gave you!

Stacey said...

Your table is so pretty and perfectly summery.

Thanks for your sweet comment about my new sunflower wreath. :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your pretty coastal trivet!
So lovely the way you've styled your table. I'll have to try some of that shrimp dip, looks yum!
Hugs,
Patti

Pat said...

Babs,
Gorgeous coastal trivet, dear friend!!!
Once you said, "Tied with a ribbon". . .I can so~o~o see this trivet used in a variety of ways!!!
Love your tablescape vignette!!!
Fondly,
Pat
P.S. I, too, use Vanity Fair paper napkins!!! Great minds!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I just love that trivet, I also love the table settings, especially the blue. I have the blue goblets myself. I like the theme too. What great ideas
Janice

Sarah said...

Beautiful find, Babs. Of course you needed to bring this one home. Your nautical theme is refreshing.
Some recent rains have the garden growing wild. I worked a bit late this evening when it was cooler. Too humid to do much during the day. '-)

Marigene said...

Lovely table, Babs. I would have bought that silver shell trivet, too...it's so cute. Love the hydrangea!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Alycia Nichols said...

You're not the least bit cheap, Babs! Everybody loves a good bargain, and you're just really good at finding them! The trivet is really cool with all that sea life on it, and your tablescape is lovely! I really like how you used the basil in the planter. I'm sure that provided a nice fragrance as well as looking pretty. Your hydrangea, of course, are g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!!

As you can see, I'm running about a week behind. Last week was very, very busy. I'm hoping to catch a break this week. Hope your weekend was a good one!

Unknown said...

This goes right along with what I have been shopping for this week! My daughters room is all done coastal! This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it at this week's Home Sweet Garden Party! You are on of this weeks featured posts! It is live now at http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/2014/07/home-sweet-garden-party-71.html Hope you can join us again this week too! Hugs...Brooke

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love, love, love! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/anything-blue-friday-week-62.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse