Sunday, July 27, 2014

Create Year-Round Vase Bookends

Here's an idea that's easy, inexpensive, and can work with any decor.
All you need are a couple of glass vases from the craft store.

I used square-ish ones, because that's what I have. 
If they have a heavy bottom to them that's good, but not necessary if you can put something heavy in them. 
You can get two alike, or mix them. 

Here are some ways I filled them~

The tall vase/bookend, filled with faux olives and used to hold cook books on the kitchen island~

Early Fall ideas~

 Pumpkins and book "leaves"~

Natural things~

A button collection in a smaller vase, to use with small books or CDs~ 

Sand, stones and Sedum~

Christmas ornaments~

 The possibilities are endless~

Have fun creating!
xo Babs

Fun Parties to Visit:
    
           Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
           
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday



11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's such a good idea. And you could put just a little of the non skid stuff under them to make sure they stay put. I have one of the square ones with sea glass in it! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a great idea! I have one square vase and I'm going to do this for sure! Clever Lady!
hugs,
Linda

Sarah said...

Babs, this is such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

I agree with Sarah Babs, this is a clever idea! Love all the fun ways you've filled them, gotta say the pumpkin is my favorite-enjoy:@)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a great idea!!!...I think we may all have one of those great tall vases!...You are the clever one Babs!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Loved this idea. Did you get your vases at the dollar store or Ikea? They are so versatile, you are right...they can be used all year and so simple to change! Thanks for sharing.
{{HUGS}}
Joy

Alycia Nichols said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! Why in the world haven't I thought of this??!?! We have a ton of books on shelves that require propping up. Rather than using those ugly metal bookends that look just AWFUL no matter what you do, this is the way to go!!!! I'm on it, sister! Thank you!

Kelly said...

What a great idea! I love that look. I'm not a huge fan of "real" bookends. I like seeing something else repurposed for them. And you did just that!

Pat said...

Babs,
Clever idea, dear friend!
Much easier than placing items under a cloche and I love the vibrant Autumnal hues!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, that is ingenious!! I love the idea in about a dozen different ways and can't wait to copycat that. I love to make little subtle season changes, and one of my favorite ways is to display seasonal themed books. What a perfect what to bookend them! Thanks for the idea!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So true, many ways to use these. Love yours filled with natural things. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy