Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Calm and Cozy January

I hope y'all had a great Christmas and New Year. 

It's getting cold here in Georgia, and I know it's even colder where a lot of you are. Are you ready for for it? Let's hope this winter's weather will be better than last year.

Well, I'm in my usual January "mode", wearing a polar fleece top, drinking a cup of tea, and feeling very cozy. 

A few things that give me that calm and cozy feeling are...winter landscape colors.

I love using the gray, blue-green and cream tones of my old hydrangeas, old books, and vintage seascape. 

A little winter landscape painting is on the living room book case, and...

...the hallway going downstairs has a little cabin in the snow, with ski tracks. I like to imagine I'm warm and cozy in the little cabin.

OK, this isn't gray, blue or cream, but my new...monogrammed throw from Pottery Barn. Love it! 
It was a Christmas gift from my son. He knows me well. :) 

Hope y'all are staying warm and cozy at your house.
xo Babs

 Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday

Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is cold outside! I'm snuggled up with my blanket and my cat!!
hugs,
Linda

Sarah said...

Cold here too, but the we've had beautiful sunshine. Sadie and I are snuggled up by a cozy fire as I type.
Stay warm!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your mantel looks so pretty Babs and I love your new throw!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

It's 4 degrees here with a wind chill in the minus zone. We've been running the fireplace a lot lately. Your mantel looks great- love the pictures and the new throw!

Lady of the Manor said...

Yep, our wind chill in MO will be 10-20 below zero today. Usually, I'm snug in the house quilting but this week, we have several activities planned. (Not my choice!!) I'll get through it, though.

I love your winterscapes. Enjoy those cups of warm tea and that snuggly wrap. It's gorgeous!!

Kelly said...

I love your soft colored landscape paintings! They are perfect for this time of year too. Your red monogrammed throw is gorgeous. What a nice gift! I love throws and keep them handy this time of year. Can you believe how cold it is today???!

Pat said...

Babs,
Lovin' your ethereal color palette for January!!!
Your son is very thoughtful, indeed, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The art work is just perfect for setting a cozy winter mood in your home Babs. Love the throw! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann