Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Last Minute Easter Decorating

Can you believe it's April already? And, I'm so running behind with Easter decorating. 
This year, our son and his family won't be able to be with us for Easter, plus... we've been doing Spring cleaning, so my Easter decorating is suffering. 
I know...excuses, excuses. :)

But, here are a few new things I did, and some from past posts that you might not have seen. 


Here's a little vignette on the entry chest. 


I cut a few Dogwood branches for a vase, and added a cross on the top of my great grandfather's Bible. 

In the family room, I filled an apothecary jar with speckled eggs, scraps of burlap, and two small, gray berry clusters from an old flower arrangement.


 I'm really liking the soft colors and will probably leave it here for a couple of weeks after I put the bunnies away.

Here are a few things from older posts...


One year, I jazzed up one of those square frozen lemon cakes with lemon slices cut in the shape of tulips, then added candy eggs around it. Easy Peasy.


Another year, I tucked blue and white dishes in a pre-made Easter basket.

And...


...my crazy carrot door decoration from last year.

Wishing y'all a wonderful Easter. I'm on my way to check out more of your Easter posts. 
Y'all always have so many amazing ideas. 
xo Babs









Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
 Karen's Upon the Hill ~ Something to Talk About  
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Share Your Style ~ The Essence of Home
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday

Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

9 comments:

Pondside said...

Some years we go 'all out' with decorations and some years we take it easy. I have to say that your quiet year is still lovely!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty Babs...I LOVE your carrot door decor!! Happy Easter!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Babs, Your vignettes are all beautiful and I love the carrot on your door. Thanks so much for joining the Share Your Style party.
Happy Easter!
Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

The carrot is too cute, love it!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Babs, I love your Dogwood blossoms! My flowering crabapple is about to bloom and I can't wait to bring some blossoms inside! The cake, the carrot and the basket with the blue dishes are all beautiful! Happy Easter and thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Babs!

Thinking of you all day today --- watching back-to-back episodes of Outlander! Loving it and the history and the TARTAN!

Wishing you a blessed Easter.
Thanks for telling me (so long ago) about this fantastic series.

xoxoxox
Alison

Kelly said...

I love all of your different Easter decorations. I still love that carrot door decoration from last year! Hope you had a nice Easter today. At least the rain held off!

Denise said...

I love your Easter decorations, past and present, Babs. I really love the cross and the dogwood branches -- so appropriate for Easter. I didn't put out much at all this year; we've been spring cleaning, too, and doing yard work as well.

Happy Belated Easter to you and have a great week!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Pat said...

Babs,
Adorable archival posts vignettes, dear friend!!!
Your Lemon slices turned tulip decor is charming!!! I applaud easy!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat