Monday, June 15, 2015

Yummy Low Carb Breakfast

Hi, how was your weekend? Mine was good...and hot and humid. 
Summer has definitely arrived and I'm thinking I need to "adjust" my eating habits. Ha! 

Now, I'm not a big "low carb person". I probably would have made this dish using potatoes, but I saw this idea on Pioneer Woman and thought it looked really good, and probably a lot fewer calories that using potatoes. So, I tried it this morning.
  
I sauteed summer squash and zucchini in a little butter. The squash were small, and I used about half of each, but you can adjust how much you use by how hungry you are.

Sprinkle with a little seasoning. I used salt and pepper, but any seasoning you like will work. Add two or three cherry tomatoes, cut in half. 

When the squash pieces are tender, put them on a plate and fry an egg and place it on top of the veggies. Add a sprinkle of your favorite cheese...

...and enjoy! 
It was really good and I didn't miss the potaotes at all. 
Hope y'all have a great week.
xo Babs


Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
 Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Frugal Family Home~Tuesday Garden Party
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
Share Your Style ~ The Essence of Home
Share Your Style Uptown Acorn
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday

12 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Yum, this looks delicious, Babs! I love using fresh vegetables with eggs. Thanks for sharing!

Ron said...

Yum! That looks delicious. I wish you could prepare it for me. LOL!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love this dish. I make egg omelets pretty often with healthy veggies. But It's hard for me to eat eggs without toast! I eat fewer carbs but can't go without some. Enjoy your day! It's HOT here! Hugs, Diane

Kelly said...

That looks really good! We're growing squash in our garden right now too. thanks for sharing this recipe.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That does look good! Great healthy recipe!

Pat said...

Babs,
This sounds like a perfect "lunch" recipe for "Mr. Ed" and I!!!
Thank you for sharing, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a great breakfast. Healthy and so good for us. Mixing flavors can be wonderful.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Looks so yummy! The bright colors are so fresh and appealing. I just cooked some squash and zucchini today, I'll have to give this a try.
Happy 4th!
Hugs,
Patti

Jaybird said...

Happy July 4th....I've been missing you and I hope that all is well in your part of the world.
Blessings,
J

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

This looks really yummy, Babs...perfect breakfast with all the heat and humidity we are having! Enjoy your day! Hugs...Debbie

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

This actually looks delicious! I've been cooking spinach omelets for my husband and the veggies I use are mushrooms, onions, and baby peppers. I hadn't though about squash and zucchini. I may try that tomorrow because I have zucchini left over from lasagna I made the other day. Thanks for sharing!

S H Elliott said...

Looks delicious! Sheila E