Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's Go Shopping

Hi, Everyone. 
Yesterday, I stopped by Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors in Buford, for some shopping and inspiration. 
So, grab a glass of iced tea, or beverage of your choice, and let's go shopping. There are lots of things to see.

This store features repurposed items, as well as antiques and decor.
Here's an art piece made from children's wooden building blocks.

A lamp base made from wooden boxes.

A decorative piece shaped like a horse's head...

...and a cowboy boot. Love the paint colors.


The Fall things have started arriving.

Of course, Fall means football...

...and dishes in team colors. Go Dawgs!

Down this aisle...

...soft colors...

...sweet detail on a little chest.

A favorite verse stenciled on glass...

...lots of goodies for styling a cabinet.

Vintage telephone.

I've been seeing lots of owls lately. Have you noticed?

Dried arrangements.

It's almost time to decorate the Fall tree...

...a chest or hutch...

...and get out the pumpkins.
Labor Day is just around the corner and Fall will officially be here.

So, have a safe and fun Labor Day and...


Happy Fall Y'all!
Hugs,
Babs

                                     ~ Check out these amazing parties ~      

                                                           The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
                                                               Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
Rain On A Tin Roof ~ Give Me the Goods Monday
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Summer Acres ~ The HomeAcre Hop
                                                       The Polohouse ~ Favorites on the First   






13 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Fall is the most beautiful season of all, in my opinion. Love it! October here is usually gorgeous. Enjoyed the photos. So much to see, so many ideas!

Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I love the football dishes! Happy Labor Day Weekend Babs-enjoy:@)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Babs that looks like a wonderful store! I love the UGA stuff. I just moved to Athens and the football fever is starting for sure! Thanks for sharing at TTF. I'm ready to get my Fall on (well after I return from Paris that is).

Linda

Sarah said...

Happy Fall to you, Babs. It's still really hot here, but I've noticed fall colors showing up in the stores. The floral section at the grocery has berries, leaves, and other signs of fall ready for arrangements.

Kelly said...

I love these posts! It's like I went shopping there with you. I haven't been to Queen of Hearts in a long time. I'm overdue! Loved seeing some of the goodies for sale there. I especially liked that grey and white cabinet with the glass doors full of old books and white dishes. Hmmm.....great ideas for styling!

Savannah Granny said...

Thanks for taking me shopping with you. There are so many lovely things. I looooove the telephone and my Hollie would want the horse head. Great piece.
Happy Labor day!xoGinger

Pat said...

Babs,
Another amazing virtual shopping trip, dear friend!!!
Love the hues of the wood used to cut out the horse and boot!!! Oh, I do believe that softly painted adorable chest might have had to come home with me!!!
Seeing all the Fall reminded me that I have those same red and gold floral placemats and need to gather my faux pears for some tablescaping or vignettes!!!
One never knows where inspiration will abound from. . .but always inspiring ideas @ upstairs downstairs!!!
Fondly,
Pat

The French Hutch said...

Hi Dear Babs, It still feels like summer here and will until into October so its always hard for me to get into the Fall mood. What a delightful way to spend time, I love to browse the antique and gift shops for ideas. You sure found some great pieces here, love the horse head and boot and great fall decorating ideas. I just recently did the same thing a couple of weekends ago. Such to fun just looking.
Happy Labor Day..........

~Emily
The French Hutch

Diane said...

Great shopping trip, Babs! I am so sorry that the Dawgs did not win last night, but it is early in the season. I am getting ready to publish a post with owl plates that my granddaughter wanted me to buy and, now, I see owls everywhere! Cannot wait, until this Georgia weather cools off!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Thanks for sharing, Babs! Looks like a really fun place. I was naturally drawn to the Fallish displays -- no surprise there!

Pondside said...

A half hour - just half an hour in that shop, and I'd be a happy woman!
I've noticed all the owls around lately too. My newest grandchild received blankets, sleepers and little dresses decorated with owls.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I would have loved to been on that shopping trip with you Babs. Wow, lots of things I would have loved to see especially those Halloween items.

Denise said...

Hi Babs,

I'm going to have to make a trip to this antique mall some day; I love the pictures you share with us. My favorites in this post are the gray painted chest and cabinet -- beautiful!! I also love all the little fall vignettes (my favorite time of the year) and the "Happy Fall Y'all" pillow. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise at Forest Manor