Sunday, September 8, 2013

Summer's End

Hi, Y'all.
I have to apologize for not posting lately...but I have a good reason.


We spent a few days at Myrtle Beach, SC with our son, DIL and the Grands.

I had planned to do a post from the beach, but for some reason, my computer didn't like the internet signal...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)
Here are some pics of where we stayed, and some of the fun things we did.


This is the third year we've stayed here, but this year, we had a corner unit, with 180 degree views. 
I tried to get a couple of pics before we got "settled in"...sippy cups have already replaced the large plant that we moved beside the tv, and we've found the Disney Channel. 


Another view of the living area...we love staying here, because all the rooms have floor to ceiling windows, and in the corner units, the exterior walls are windows.


One view from the balcony.


Looking north, you can see the giant Ferris wheel in the distance.

Our bedroom had north and west views. The Grands loved looking at this view of the amusement park at night.
Here are some of the fun things we did...


...playing in the sand with GrandBob...

...floating in the Lazy River with Dad...

...surfing in the pool with Mom.

...getting ready to ride the waves with GrandBob.

...driving the antique cars with GrandBabs.

We had a grand time on the Grand Strand at Myrtle Beach.

Now, I'm ready to start thinking about Fall.
Hugs,
Babs
                                       ~ Check out these amazing parties ~      

                                                           The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday
                                                               Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
Rain On A Tin Roof ~ Give Me the Goods Monday
    Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~ Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Summer Acres ~ The HomeAcre Hop
                                                       The Polohouse ~ Favorites on the First   


13 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Babs,

What a wonderful time you must have had! I still remember those days when our son was little and we met with my parents at Cherry Grove, N. Myrtle Beach and played putt putt and took him to the family arcade. Those times were so special!

Mr. Forest Manor and I were at the beach over Labor Day weekend, as well. The weather was beautiful there. It lifted our spirits greatly after all the rain we've had here this summer. :)

Visiting from Seasonal Sundays. I'd love for you to stop by and see our renovated kitchen. The poor room was still partially stuck in the 70's. :)

Have a great day!

Denise at Forest Manor

Pondside said...

What a nice holiday that must have been. Beach+sun+grandchildren=FUN!

Ron said...

What a great view, Babs! Glad you had an awesome vacay. xo

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a fun vacation! Looks like a nice area to visit. Love the hotel views!

Savannah Granny said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I was wondering about you but here you were having a ball with the grands. Love the pic of you with the gs in the old timey car. Believe me, he will remember these times.
So glad you were able to get away but glad you are back,
xoGinger

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Looks like a grand time! Love those views!

Sarah said...

Just GRAND! Glad you had a good get away. Missed you! '-)

Diane said...

Babs, I do love Myrtle Beach. We used to go often. However, we bought a place on the Gulf coast, so no more Myrtle Beach!! I must write that we never stay at a place that looks so glamorous - wow. Incredible views! I know you family had a wonderful time - I am looking forward to Fall weather, but it is a little sad to let Summer go...

Olive said...

Hi Babs, that is a gorgeous view. I know the kiddos were excited by the strand lights. I am from S.C and have never been to Myrtle Beach as we go to Hilton Head most of the time. I am barely posting these days myself because of getting my CC off to South Korea and my appointments with doctors I am swamped. Plus the rain has messed up my gardening and I just feel off if you know what I mean. I am definitely ready for fall. Its cool this morning and that is a lovely feeling. Have a great day,olive

Unknown said...

Looks like great fun! Love the view!

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Babs, Myrtle Beach looks like a lovely place to visit,and your apartment, with it's sea view was gorgeous. I loved the view in the evening, with all the lights on it looked fabulous.
You and your family looked like you all had a wonderful holiday.
Best Wishes to you,
Daphne

xinex said...

Oh what fun! There's nothing better than vacationing with family. And that wonderful view is just an added plus. I can tell you all had a blast....Chriatine

Noel Morata said...

I'm glad you mentioned where this was since I just dropped by...love the views from your condo!