Monday, January 20, 2014

Spring for a Day

                          Happy! Happy! Happy!


                    source

Thanks to Linda @ Life and Linda and Liz @ Infuse with Liz, my posts are now updating, and I have a new header.
Liz introduced me to Linda, who fixed my RSS problem, and made my pretty new header. 
Thank you Liz and Linda! 

Now that I've settled down a bit, here's what's happening at our house...nothing creative, I've just been checking out things in the yard, and what I need to organize and clean up.

We've been on a weather roller coaster here in Georgia. Temps have been ranging from single digits to a balmy 62 today. Several of our neighbors were outside doing chores as well. 


Top of my list is to organize the shed where I keep most of my "stuff".  


I did make a start, and bought red totes to store Christmas decorations. I'm thinking I should get at least one more.


This is just part of one wall that's "mine". It's all gradually creeping to the back wall, though.


The shed is 16x24, and I share it with the riding lawn mower and Hubb's tools and junk guy stuff. 
There's really a lot of room for storage...if I'd just organize my things better. Hubbs is actually very organized, and built the shelves for me, using lumber left over from other projects.


While I was outside, I snapped a couple pics of the ferals sunning themselves.  This is Newbie...


...and Sammy...


...and a Mockingbird enjoying the Spring-like day, too.
It won't last long though, because the temps are supposed to drop again
Stay warm,
xo Babs

                                                                              
                                                                                     Let's Party 

                                                                     The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sunday 
                                                                         Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
      The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday        
   Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
Holidays at the Harris Home Happy Tuesday
Cuisine Kathleen ~ Let's Dish ~ Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters ~ Centerpiece Wednesday
StoneGable ~ Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits ~Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party Thursdays
The Tablescaper ~ Oh, The Places I've Been~Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Lamberts Lately ~ Create It Thursday
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Thrifty Groove and A La Carte ~ Thrifty Things Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
The Jenny Evolution ~ Friday Flash Blog
                                                       The Polohouse ~ Favorites on the First   

20 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Glad your back in action again Babs...I hate when there's glitches because I'm no good at fixing them!! LOVE your new header!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

YAY! I'm so happy to see you at the top of my bloglist tonight! Way to go to you and these sweet ladies! Have a wonderful week my friend! Keep on celebrating! HUGS!

Sarah said...

Yea! What did she do to get your feed to start updating again. I need help too! '-)

Suzan said...

Newbie and Sammy look very healthy for feral cats! And your shed things are very neatly organized! Well done!! Don't you love those large tubs to store things! I have changed over to the clear instead of colored tubs so I can see inside them and know what is where!! It makes me feel good to have things stashed away neatly!

Ron said...

Great new header, Babs! I love getting organized. Have fun!

Candy S said...

I love your feral cats. It would be wonderful to have a day in the sixties around here. I would be out in the yard too! You have a great stash of goodies in your shed. Relatively speaking your stuff looks pretty organized to me (that would be relative to how my stuff looks in my garage)!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I'm so glad that Linda could get your blog fixed up and that your posts are updating once again. I love your new header - the stairs are so cute and appropriate for your blog name 😊
I think your shed area looks pretty organized. I want to make my corner of the garage with the garden bench a little cuter. Right now it's a mess since I have to put everything away for the winter.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So happy to help you Babs and it was a pleasure to create a new look for you. Thank you for the sweet mention. Your shed looks great! I understand about the creep! We tend to get more stuff. Cute cat photos too. xo

Kelly said...

That shed looks like a great place to store stuff! I have mine in our basement. It's not climate controlled either. Brrr! I still need to do a better job with my Christmas decorations storage situation. I have most items in boxes, but they aren't labeled and I always have trouble finding what I'm looking for each year. Congrats on getting your blog working properly again! I was happy to see you updated on my blog roll. I like your new header too.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Glad you had your problems taken care of and love your new header! Have fun with the organizing projects!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hooray for your toasty weather!!! I'm glad for you guys! I know you're accustomed to more temperate climes year round. We just about froze our behinds off around here today. The wind chills were once again in the minus teens even with the sun shining. The wind was blowing so furiously last night that it knocked over a very heavy planter on our front porch. Stupid me panicked and ran out to pick it up...bad shoulders, bad back and all!!!! I was SO sore today!

Good to see you enjoying the weather and the organizing process! Keep Calm and Carry On! :-)

Olive said...

Oh I wish I had storage like that Babs. Yesterday was great-I attempted to finish raking the yard. In truth I will never finish. Today I am freezing again as you must be too. xo, olive

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Glad your blog is fixed. Mine is being looked at by Janel at Nellie Bellie. Mine is sure having issues. It hasn't updated since yesterday morning even though I did a new post last night and have been trying to get it to show up in the blogroll. If Janel can't figure it out I will contact Liz. This is so annoying.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Babs, I realize quite afew people so have these RSS problems. That is why I wrote the tutorial. I did change your Google + name. Happy to help. I also noticed some people are thinking Liz is the blog fixer....LOL Have a wonderful day...xo

Mary said...

Babs, Your weather sounds identical to ours. It's cold again here, I keep hoping for a few snowflakes! My shed is at maximum capacity, I need some bins for underneath my benches. Seeing all your pieces makes me want to play, stack & hang :)

Pat said...

Babs,
I'm happy, happy, happy, too that you're coming in on a regular basis to my networking blog feed!!! A "special Thank you" to Linda & Liz for helping you and the new header is quite stunning!!!
I'd say your organization in your shed looks quite nice! It always seems that "The Guy Stuff" takes up more volume in the scope of things!
EnJOY your warm weather while you can, dear friend. . .it was -9 degrees when we awoke here on the Prairie this morning!!! Br~r~r. . .
Fondly,
Pat

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

I need to get organized! I've been having so much trouble with blogger! I have lots of highlights showing up when following Linda's instructions. If I can't figure it out I don't know what I'll do...so aggravating!
Blessings,
Cindy

Denise said...

Hi Babs,

I LOVE your new header; it's perfect for your blog. I'm really glad your RSS feed is fixed; I couldn't understand why your blog wasn't updating on my blogroll or my sidebar. Then I would forget to come visit your blog -- I do apologize.

I love your outdoor storage shed; what a cheerful place for gardening tools, plants, and such! It makes my basement seem really dismal in comparison. :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Babs!

Big hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Hi Babs, I had to laugh when I saw your 3 Christmas totes:):) I probably have 20 or more:):) I know what you mean about getting things prganized though, I am constantly trying to do that, it seems to get away from me sometimes. But also, I am still not through everything in this new house (that's my story and I'm sticking to it:):):)

Art and Sand said...

I get everything organized in my creative space and then I mess it right up again. Yesterday when I was painting my sign, I put things away after each step and left no mess.

Good luck organizing.