Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Mini Projects

Over the weekend, I did a few mini projects. 

I made a fall hanging basket for the deck. 
It's hard to see, but I freshened the metal basket with a coat of paint, and added a new liner.


I filled the basket with a base of faux greenery, then added fresh cedar, variegated privet, red tip berries, oak leaves, big pinecones, and a little pumpkin. 
When Thanksgiving is over, I'll pull everything out, except the faux greenery and pine cones. Then, I'll add Christmas-y things...maybe battery operated lights, and a few ornaments. 


The other mini projects involved pipe cleaners/chenille stems, Dollar Tree ornaments, a can of flat white spray paint, and gloss white craft paint. 

I'm making "snowballs" to add to a wreath. 
I'll use green pipe cleaners to attach them to the wreaths, so I put the pipe cleaners on the ornaments before painting. 
It also makes it easier to hang the "snowballs" while they're drying.
Oh, and the brown pipe cleaners are for attaching pine cones. 

White craft paint looks like snow on the tiny pinecones...I have lots more to do. Not sure where I'll use them yet.

I still need one more coat of paint on the "snowballs", then they'll be ready.

Next time, I'll show you one other project we've been working on all week. 
I'm waiting to see how it looks before I show you. :)

xo Babs


  Dwellings ~ Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House ~ Make It Pretty Monday
Creative Country Mom's Garden ~ Home Sweet Garden ~Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home ~ Tuesdays at Our Home
StoneGable~ The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer ~ Outdoor Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Love of Family and Home~ Inspire Me, Please Weekend Blog Hop
My Turn for Us ~ Freedom Fridays Blog Hop
The Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home Friday
The Dedicated House ~ Anything Blue Friday
Rooted in ThymeSimple and Sweet Friday


10 comments:

S H Elliott said...

Babs, love your arrangement! so pretty.
Sheila@mykentuckyliving

S H Elliott said...

Babs, love your arrangement! so pretty.
Sheila@mykentuckyliving

Kelly said...

I love your hanging basket arrangement! The little pumpkin in the middle contrast nicely against the greenery and berries. It looks like something you would see in Southern Living Magazine! Looking forward to seeing your snowball wreath.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the beautiful fall arrangement and can't wait to see the wreath..great idea to use the pipe cleaners.

Alycia Nichols said...

Yes, ma'am, I will be stealing the heck out of this idea next year!!! We're already in a super deep freeze here in the KC area, so I am reluctant to get out there now, but next year...look out!!! You did a FANTASTIC job, Babs!

the cape on the corner said...

wow, i just love all the greens in there. so natural. enjoy.
b

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love your fall hanging basket! It's beautiful.

Cranberry Morning said...

That is just beautiful! I love it. Now with all our snow, I need to put something on the porch that won't be affected by 12 degree weather.

Sylvia said...

What great idea,Babs,I've never thought of using a wire basket, I have several of them not in use.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty and such a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy