Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Morning Car Show

This morning Hubby reminded me that the small town near us was having a car show. So, I decided to tag along with him to check it out.  



While he looked at the cars and chatted with the owners, I wandered around taking photos.



We parked on the main street and made the short walk to the park...which took all of about a minute and a half. We could have gotten there sooner, but I was taking photos.


There was a lot of activity going on, but it still had that small town atmosphere I love. Look at that cute couple sitting on the grass.


There were all sorts of cars...don't ask me what kind some of them are.


Here's one of the oldies.


As I walked around, there were a couple of Plein Air artists, so I stopped and watched for a few minutes. When I first saw her, the artist was at this point in her painting.




Another artist was painting a pick up truck...no, not actually painting
a pick up truck...oh, you know what I mean.

Quite a few people brought their dogs...
here are three of the cuties I saw. 





I guess since this is about a car show, I'd better show you a few more cars...


This one's name is Christine...



These folks have color coordinated outfits...sorry sir, didn't mean to catch you in an awkward position...I think he was cleaning the wheels...there was a whole lotta car polishing going on at the show...the man said the color was Atomic Orange!

It wouldn't be a Saturday morning without the train running through town...


 I only managed to get one decent photo, because it was barreling through town with it's horn blowing like crazy. 

That's about it for the car show, except this wild looking motorcycle...


...very futuristic.



 As we started to leave, I passed the artist again and I looked to see how her painting was progressing...and this is what I saw. I couldn't believe it!
My cousin had brought the '56 Chevy and she included it in her painting! 
I was so surprised! You can just see on the right side of the painting...the back half of the car and my cousin getting something out of the trunk!


It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. If you missed the post on the '56 Chevy, you can check it out HERE. 
Hope y'all are having a great weekend.
Babs

I'll be joining...
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays.
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesdays



27 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like it was a fun day! The weather was perfect and you got to do a lot of people/dog watching! Some of these cars are awesome. I think I would have had a good time, too. That artist is wonderful, funny how she caught your cousin in action...maybe he will want the painting!

XO,
Jane

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Perfect weather today for that. Looks like you had fun.

The Tablescaper said...

What a wonderful day! My husband is a car nut, so I've be many a car show. Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Cheri said...

Love that first picture of the car...wouldn't mind owning something like that. My dad had a Roadster from the early 1900's and a few "classics". Sound like a nice relaxing day. What town...Hoschton/Braselton?

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Looks like a fun day and the weather was beautiful. I enjoy seeing old cars. A couple of my sons-in-law have old cars.

Jojo said...

Such a fun thing to do today and the weather was perfect. What a coincidence about your cousin, the painting and the car!

Sarah said...

Babs, looks like a fun way to spend a Saturday. Thanks for taking us along. ~ sarah

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I admit to catching my breath when I saw the very first car..and swooned at the rest. HOW I wish we had kept our 1952 Ford! I loved that car and my husband traded it in on a little green Chevy just a couple of years older. I cried. Still hate to think about it. I LOVE cars! I own a little Toyota pick up truck..pre runner..2000 and honestly would not take anything for it. Unfortunately it sits outside and has for three years. All I can do is keep it clean and waxed and hope for the best. You shouldn't love a truck, should you? :)
I loved your pictures and was fascinated by your cousin and his car being in her painting. I also love trains..so that was neat! What a great post!! I enjoyed every minute of my visit..and of course the flowers..LOVED the flowers.
Hugs!
Mona

Lynn said...

It sure does look like a great way to spend the day! I'm amazed at how quickly the artists work:@)

Mary said...

Babs~ How fun you spied that the artist included your cousin & her car in the painting! My hubby loves a car show...me not so much :) Enjoy your Sunday!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That looks like a fun adventure! Love that cute corvette in the first picture! That was pretty neat that the artist has him and his car captured in the painting!

Diane said...

Looks like it was a fun day! I hope your cousin bought that painting!I really loved your photography - you managed to get pictures that would interest everyone in some way. Thanks for sharing!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Looks like a beautiful day for looking a cars and enjoying the day!

Kathleen said...

Looks like a great day to spend the afternoon! That 's neat your cousin is in the painting! Some of those cars are amazing!
Happy seasonal Sunday, Barb!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time! love the cars,you would look good in the little red one ,Joann

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun day!

On Crooked Creek said...

Babs,
Nice of hubby to ask you to tag along!!! Always inspiring to be out~of~doors and broaden our horizons!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Kelly said...

Looks like it was crowded. You were in good company then! Those old cars are really something. Glad you had a good time. Those artists really captured the day, didn't they?

Alycia Nichols said...

That's what weekends are all about! My son would have been in hog heaven there!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's what my husband has always wanted an old Corvette just like the one in the first photo. Looks like a nice show.
Pat

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh darlin', this looks like the perfect way to spend that beautiful day!!!

I loved flippin' through your old car pics! Their great!

God bless ya and have a glorious week sweetie!!! :o)

Savannah Granny said...

That looks like so much fun. I did see the 56 Chevy and your cousin. Now she can be famous.
Hugs

Kathy said...

Hello Babs! This looks like fun, actually...it looks like the small town that hosts a car show near us...Greensboro, GA...so cool! Love the little dogs and the artists!
Thanks for sharing,
kathy

Unknown said...

Isnt this juat a stunning day? And someone you know is on a painting now! How great is that? Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)

Hugs,

PAT said...

This is exactly the kind of day we enjoy so much, Babs! Thanks for taking me along.

The painting is fabulous! I so admire Plein Air artists.

Elegant Economies said...

Our small town has car shows like this, too! Thanks for taking us on your day trip...it was fun!

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by as another Outdoor Wednesday participant,your outing was a great photographic opportunity, love the old cars.